Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of sounding like a complete and total phucktard here it goes.

I just switched from a full size be-cool stock replacement to a smaller sirocco radiator. both the radiator cap is lower than the hoses going into the motor and their is no other way for me to fill it this is a gen 3 ls1 with a dry manifold.

how the hell am i suppose to fill the block with coolant. i know i need to mount my overflow puke can higher than the motor but can anyone give me some ideas as to how to get it filled?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Remove the upper rad.hose where it attaches at the water pump, and fill with coolant at the end of the hose until it comes out of the water pump outlet neck, and then put the hose back on. Installing this in the upper rad. hose may help:

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=29014

Being an LSx based engine, It would be a good idea to temporarily remove the air bleed fittings at the corners of each head while filling the system to purge out air that might get trapped in the heads.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet deal... i didn't think about jacking it up, if that doesn't work ill order the moroso inline filler.... I can remove the air bleeds without a problem since the are AN fittings.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts