Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to purchase a 4 post lift with a rolling jack between the ramps. Atlas Garage Pro 9000 is what I decided on after looking at 16 other brands. Extra tall, extra wide, extra long. $3000+ price range delivered. 9000# capacity.

Greg Smith Equipment is a stocking dealer. 8 locations. I am closest to the Indianapolis warehouse.

Now I find out after getting a quote, there are none available for sale and they won't say when they will be in stock. About all the brands are made in China or don't have a rolling jack option or don't have a 120 volt motor or are only available on ebay or weigh 300# less with smaller cables or other reasons I eliminated them.

Anyone know of another company that sells Atlas? Or maybe Smith is an exclusive dealer or that is their private label? Or a like model in a different brand. The local auto parts stores say they can get 4 post lifts but are much higher in price and still China made.

They would not say if the trade tariff has anything to do with it but did say they have had stocking issues all year.

·
Registered
16,293 Posts

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
I've had a Bendpac 9000lb 2 post lift for over 20 years. Only problem has been the cables needed replacement and due to the many changes through the years I had to measure to get the right ones. They also are imported now and change manufacturers.

·
FHRITP
50,138 Posts
My chinese 4 post has rolling jack and 110v motor. Warehouse, dealer in Alvarado Tx. They sell the American stuff too, tuxedo is the name I believe

·
TD 3550
2,908 Posts
I decided to purchase a 4 post lift with a rolling jack between the ramps. Atlas Garage Pro 9000 is what I decided on after looking at 16 other brands. Extra tall, extra wide, extra long. $3000+ price range delivered. 9000# capacity.

Greg Smith Equipment is a stocking dealer. 8 locations. I am closest to the Indianapolis warehouse.

Now I find out after getting a quote, there are none available for sale and they won't say when they will be in stock. About all the brands are made in China or don't have a rolling jack option or don't have a 120 volt motor or are only available on ebay or weigh 300# less with smaller cables or other reasons I eliminated them.

Anyone know of another company that sells Atlas? Or maybe Smith is an exclusive dealer or that is their private label? Or a like model in a different brand. The local auto parts stores say they can get 4 post lifts but are much higher in price and still China made.

They would not say if the trade tariff has anything to do with it but did say they have had stocking issues all year.

Curious, have you ever thought about Nussbaum lifts? Don't know if they do a 4. USA manufactured. Real quality. I was going to do a 4 but took too much room. I found a 12K 2 post online. Less than a year old. Paid 2800 for it. Came out of an Closed down Ammco trans shop.

http://www.nussbaum-usa.com/

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

I got the same story from them on the same lift,almost 2 years ago. Really wanted it,because they were local,Delaware,could pick up with no tax.Waited a long time,got frustrated with their excuses,too,did some searching,and found another one,almost identical,same specs,same weight. Obviously built in the same plant in China,with a few small changes,just so it wan't a perfect copy. Got tired of waiting on Smith,bought this lift below. Had it almost a year now,works perfect. And when I bought it,it was 2699. and 200. to ship it. Son and I put it together on a Saturday. Great people to deal with,no complaints. Looks like it's gone up some in price,probably a tariff thing.

https://m1mequipment.com/collections/four-post-lifts/products/fp9k-dx-xlt-9-000lbs-4-post-lift

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a pattern, not in stock. I researched the Atlas company. Same address as Greg Smith in Indy. Must be their private label?

The Bendpak lift may be a better choice but I don't see that they list any motor voltage other than 220. For me that means running a new dedicated circuit about 100' from the breaker box. Have 120 volt less than 10' away.

The MM lift, LiftTech LT9K-XLT 9000, is only listed with a sliding jack, so may not have the inner rail for a rolling lift. Kinda important for race cars that the tires hang inside of the ramps.

I will check on the Nussbaum lifts now.

Thanks for posting and more the better.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Besides having a terrible name for a lift, Bend-Pak are a very good lift for private use or small shops. Never used a 4 post but we had a twin at my old shop which we beat the hell out of and it took the abuse.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Sounds like a pattern, not in stock. I researched the Atlas company. Same address as Greg Smith in Indy. Must be their private label?

The Bendpak lift may be a better choice but I don't see that they list any motor voltage other than 220. For me that means running a new dedicated circuit about 100' from the breaker box. Have 120 volt less than 10' away.

The MM lift, LiftTech LT9K-XLT 9000, is only listed with a sliding jack, so may not have the inner rail for a rolling lift. Kinda important for race cars that the tires hang inside of the ramps.

Is this what you're talking about? I just have the standard jack tray that came with mine. There are inner rails,pretty heavy duty,works for me as I just use mine for maintenance stuff and storage.

https://m1mequipment.com/products/rj-45-4-500lbs-rolling-jack

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes exactly. If that lift has the inner rails for that 4500# rolling jack, that would do it. Now we are getting somewhere, IF it is in stock to sell now. I will contact MM and find out. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I left a message at M1M to see if they have inventory for sale. In comparing spec sheets on the Atlas Garage Pro 9000 VS the Lift Tech LT9K-XLT they seem almost identical. The one difference I see is in the way the rolling jacks between the 2 brands are mounted to the ramps. The Atlas has vertical rails for wheels between the ramps, while the Lift Tech has a horizontal surface between the rails. (Or at least that is how the who knows how old pictures show. May be they are both the same by now.)

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will have to if I want a lift any time soon. My goal was to get it here before bad weather. Just my luck none of that brand available apparently. I liked the Atlas as 2 of my friends have one and I am familiar with it. I have looked at over 20 brands now, pretty much online. I just looked at Nussbaum. They only make 12K and up in 4 post. Even found about 5 that are American made. I will check out the Advantage brand next. Thanks

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Mine has a U shaped channel welded to the inside of the ramps. If it would help,I can try and take a picture tomorrow.
The place where mine was shipped from,and where their offices were,was Charlotte,NC.. Told me they had 13 in stock when I bought mine. Had it in 3 days,had to pick it up at local Estes freight yard. 200. shipping,no tax,I was happy with that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Get a Bendpak. Whenever I use one of my friends’ Atlas 4 posts I feel like I’m going to die. There are obviously better lifts than both those brands but when you’re on a budget I think the Bendpaks are a much better built lift than Atlas. Also run the 220 no matter what brand lift you buy. The 110v motors are painfully slow. Be nice to have that 220 outlet if you ever want to get a decent air compressor or welder too obviously.

The metal structure of the Bendpaks is imported just like all of the cheaper lifts. They have a nice American made motor/pump though, or at least still did 2 years ago. A buddy just bought both a 2 and 4 post Bendpak but haven’t been over to his place to see if the motors are still made in USA.

·
Registered
16,293 Posts

My bendpac is 110. It is an option. The only downside is the motor/pump spin slower so it takes an extra minute to get all the way up.......not a big F'n deal to me. Mine has the channel welded in so you can use a rolling jack. I also looked at it as an investment. If I ever got in trouble, and needed cash, I believe the BP would get me better resale than a no name hoist.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,908 Posts
Mark, what if your conduit can fit the extra wire you are missing? Use one of the existing wires to tie to two new wires to pull them through. Will leave you a spare piece of 100 ft long wire, but now you will have 220 volts! :)

I ran #4 out to my garage a long time ago, did 220v at that time, and a phone line, wish I put a CAT-5 line in there too. I was thinking of using the phone line to pull a CAT-5 through with, but the wireless connection has been fine so I haven't bothered with it.

·
Registered
27,890 Posts
The atlas 9000 is a decent lift. Mine has lived through 3 crewcab duallys and still performs flawlessly today. However, the pumps are cheap. Something ate itself in my pump and sent shrapnel through the entire system resulting in flushing the entire system, rebuilding the ram and buying a new pump. Idr the brand pump I installed but I did step it up to 220v. If you buy a 9000 and plan on lifting anything heavy you may want to consider a 220 pump as the 110 pump doesn’t like picking anything up mid sentence. With one of my duallys on board I’d have to set it on a stop and get a running start per say. The 220 pump gives zero phucks about what’s on the lift and where it’s starting from in the process. Just my .02.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am seriously looking at the Lift Tech LT9K-XLT, which has very similar sizing to the unavailable Atlas Garage Pro 9000, and the Advantage SS-9000-XT. which is about 5" narrower, at 114" versus the 123" overall. Both Asian made. Both about $3500. Both in stock. Any USA lifts compare to these?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts