Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next race season I will be sporting a sticker in support of my Father who has Multiple Sclerosis. I do the M.S. walk for him an also did it in the past for my late Aunt who battled it for 16 years till her passing. If you or any one that you may know that has it condition knows the pain it can cause that person, an effects every one diffrently. My Aunts effected her whole body paralyzing her, an my Fathers effects his memory. Still if you or someone you know has this I'd appreciate seeing my fellow racers with the sticker on their cars or trucks.

·
WHO DAT???
15,889 Posts
BadAss I'd be happy to have your sticker on my car and trailer for that fact. I'm sure your Dad is proud to have you as his son. When we are healthy we take our health for granted and while we are out having fun there are too many who are unable to do so. I hope your Dad's memory's are all good ones. And may your Aunt rest in peace.

·
Registered
883 Posts
My sister has MS, it screws with her motor skills and the shots have caused her to lose her hearing. I hope your pops can enjoy time with you still. With my sister she couldn't even make it to her youngest son's graduation last year because of the heat .

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
I'll run on our car when we get it up and running... PM me the info when you get the stickers in

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Also, prayers debt out for your father and family... And may your aunt RIP

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys for your support. My father is the one that got me into drag racing n tought me every thing i know so far. this past summer we couldnt race for the fact the car wasnt finished, he cant deal with the heat all to well. But this winter we will have our car ready for next year long as all goes well..
An yes soon as i talk to the sticker guy i will know how many i can get at once since im only a lil guy in this racer comunity. If any of you guys hear of a M.S. event (the M.S. walk) then donate to it an help out in the fight to find a cure for this.

·
pist'n Broke
20,949 Posts
my wife has it too....she goes through her different phases...

there is some good medication that a friend told us about called LDN low dose naltrexone
it works for all kind of stuff... the guy that told us about it was blind and in a wheel chair... i don't know how long he has taken it but now he can see and walk...let me know about the stickers..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my wife has it too....she goes through her different phases...

there is some good medication that a friend told us about called LDN low dose naltrexone
it works for all kind of stuff... the guy that told us about it was blind and in a wheel chair... i don't know how long he has taken it but now he can see and walk...let me know about the stickers..
is that from the doctor or over the counter??? cause i would like to look into that for him

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I feel your pain dude. MS took my wife from a healthy person to somebody that couldnt walk ,hear,think straight and talk right over night. This stuff is brutal. It took the doctors 4 months to diagnose her. By this time it was to late. She was also taking the shots but it left her with serious brusing.Now she takes the pills Gilenya, this medicine is amazing. Your family is in my prayers. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel your pain dude. MS took my wife from a healthy person to somebody that couldnt walk ,hear,think straight and talk right over night. This stuff is brutal. It took the doctors 4 months to diagnose her. By this time it was to late. She was also taking the shots but it left her with serious brusing.Now she takes the pills Gilenya, this medicine is amazing. Your family is in my prayers. Good Luck.
yeah my dad takes the copaxioe shot every day n hates it. how long has she been on the pill for, an have u or her seen a diffrence from injection to pill?

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
She has been taking the pill for about 6 months . Man these pills are amazing. Now she is walking better ,talking better , thinking better. She told me 2 days ago that she almost feels normal again. I can deffinently tell a huge difference in everything she does. She also lost her hearing and now her ears are popping , like they are trying to make a connection and start working again. Ask your dads doctor about this medicine.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
but how is she in the heat of summer? Like my pop he cant go to the track or work on the car in the summer, witch is the reason we havent raced in 5 years. If this pill can help him be in the sun again then I'll have my dad back. Nothing hurts more then trying to go to the race an him not with me cause the heat

·
pist'n Broke
20,949 Posts
is that from the doctor or over the counter??? cause i would like to look into that for him
No..you need to see if you can get it from your family doctor not a neurologist...you will have to educate them, most doctors don't know anything about it because they can't make any money on it.... and the patent has expired... its real cheap too...

Make sure to get the normal release not the slow release...

You might have to mail order it...my wife is not on it yet because we have to see her doctor first, just haven't had time...but I know other people taking it for ms cancer etc...

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
but how is she in the heat of summer? Like my pop he cant go to the track or work on the car in the summer, witch is the reason we havent raced in 5 years. If this pill can help him be in the sun again then I'll have my dad back. Nothing hurts more then trying to go to the race an him not with me cause the heat
She has been to the races with me and it was mid 90s and she did very well. As far as i could tell it didnt effect her at all. They also make a vest to help keep them cool in the heat,her doctor told us about them. But she does not have one. People dont realize how much this desease can change their lives.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts