Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can not get any fuel on the plug. Our .36/.28 14* tune lost 8mph with same timing and fuel pressure. Carb seems to come up clean patrick just went through it. We changed regulators, cleaned the tank. Pro 500 pump, haven't checked gpm but seems to flow plenty volume into a bucket and pump goes into bypass at 25 psi. 8 psi on carb.

We put a .28/.20 16* in it and it picked up 3mph from above kit but plugs still don't have any fuel on them even at 6.5 lbs flowing. Took fuel solenoids apart and everything looks good.

Using a eddy progressive and 7531. 12v no alternator, new red top. I think the next thing I am going to do is power everything up and dry fire the kit and see if I am getting proper voltage at fuel solenoids from the progressive. Anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And to note the car 60ft better than its ever had with the .36 tuneup. But everything after that is slower.

·
Registered
15,369 Posts
Your idea on voltage to the noid sounds like a good one. Hopefully this will show the gremlin. If not,

Do you have any screens/filters filtering fuel anywhere in the system? Maybe they are restricted.

If you don't find restrictions or loss of voltage the you could check fuel flow (volume coming out of lines to nozzles) and compare it by installing the same jet in your flow tool, a lot of work but will provide a definitive answer.

Hopefully its something simple....almost always is trouble is simple does not always mean easy...

·
Registered
575 Posts
what fuel and plug? When I switched from a sunoco fuel to VP NO2 I found the VP fuel left a ring that was a little harder to read than what the sunoco left.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Go through the power side of the fuel solenoids then progress the system and check for magnetism. Sounds like the progressive/ground side is not triggering. If your using low amp solenoids you can put the entire load on the no2 output and see if the trend continues....

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-10 plugs and n20 fuel. No screens. We've took every fuel line off and replaced everything after main line coming in.

·
Senor Frog
8,949 Posts
We can not get any fuel on the plug. Our .36/.28 14* tune lost 8mph with same timing and fuel pressure. Carb seems to come up clean patrick just went through it. We changed regulators, cleaned the tank. Pro 500 pump, haven't checked gpm but seems to flow plenty volume into a bucket and pump goes into bypass at 25 psi. 8 psi on carb.

We put a .28/.20 16* in it and it picked up 3mph from above kit but plugs still don't have any fuel on them even at 6.5 lbs flowing. Took fuel solenoids apart and everything looks good.

Using a eddy progressive and 7531. 12v no alternator, new red top. I think the next thing I am going to do is power everything up and dry fire the kit and see if I am getting proper voltage at fuel solenoids from the progressive. Anybody else have any ideas?
needs more timing ...running down the track at 16 degrees on a 28 jets is a dog

Are you flowing your fuel though a #.070 jet ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts