Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BigDad T-shirts available
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are fiberglass toppers brand specific ?

Will a 2008 Ford long box topper , fit a 2008 long box Dodge ?

There is one on craiglist about 300 miles away from me

And, its much less than a new one

It is even the right color

It is a Leer

·
Back to racing again!
3,343 Posts
Was this a serious question?

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
Are fiberglass toppers brand specific ?

Will a 2008 Ford long box topper , fit a 2008 long box Dodge ?

There is one on craiglist about 300 miles away from me
In the old days (i.e. before the '90s)...generally, yes.

With most newer cabs, no. There are sometimes differences even between the 1/2 ton & 3/4 ton cabs, and also differences between reg. cab & extended cab/Super Cab.

Also, bed widths vary more than they used to do. Finally, bed rail tops are a lot different in profile.

Google pictures of the trucks in question and you can often get a quick-and-dirty answer whether to "keep looking" or go further and find width specs, assuming you don't want to drive 300 miles to try it. :p

BTW, I have had nothing but problems (leaks, parts that broke after two months, etc.) with my new Leer topper, with a dealer that turned out to be shit, and there is NO support from Leer....they tell you to go back to the dealer. Leer will not even SELL parts directly. FWIW.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also have a leer. Its on my 2005 F150. I won't give it awesome reviews, but its pretty good. Drips in at one of the bolts for the roof rack, cut that would be an easy fix if I pursued it. As was mentioned before, its all in the dealers. Most of the caps are made by the same people and appear to be about the same quality (Leer, Ranch and ARE all look idential in design and manufacturing to me).

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I also have Leer shell on my 05 Ford F-150.
Bought the shell new in 5/09 and have no
problems with it at all....

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
i just bought a used ARE for my f250 sd crew cab. wrong color but at $275 it was a good deal. tightened up the window frames and there are no more leaks. check with a local dealer for trade-ins on consignment, they will usually deal on them. a friend just got one for his chevy, they were asking $800 and he paid $500 and they put it on for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts