Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice 4” cowl hood for a 93 firebird, extended to the windshield. I typically use hardwood. They don’t make one any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
GlassTec produces excellent quality fiberglass components.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Does VFN make a Sunoco style hood for that? They did for my 4th gen Camaro
They do.
Mine fits like shit. Mine is hinged with a front latch. Granted this is probably one of the hardest hoods to make but still. I'm going to have to re-break the headlight cover areas and cut a relief area in the center of the hood outside of the hump to bend it, then fiberglass it back. I also had to cut the back support so the hood would go down in the back. I will have to make a support across the back as well. And yes, I have all my adjusters etc. I expect some work, but not this amount.

·
Maderator
16,223 Posts
They do.
Mine fits like shit. Mine is hinged with a front latch. Granted this is probably one of the hardest hoods to make but still. I'm going to have to re-break the headlight cover areas and cut a relief area in the center of the hood outside of the hump to bend it, then fiberglass it back. I also had to cut the back support so the hood would go down in the back. I will have to make a support across the back as well. And yes, I have all my adjusters etc. I expect some work, but not this amount.
Ya mine took quite a bit of work as well, mine was a dzeus on, I actually used steel rod and bent it to the contour of the fenders and glassed it in to the underside so it would hold its shape.

·
Regulator
35,626 Posts
They do.
When did you purchase and from whom?

·
Regulator
35,626 Posts
Looking for a nice 4” cowl hood for a 93 firebird, extended to the windshield. I typically use hardwood. They don’t make one any recommendations?
PM me your # and I will text or call you in the AM! Your choice call or text!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts