Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of glass doors on my car and they are starting to sag. I have a backer inside the door where I have the hinges I notice if I have my door open while driving in the pits the seem to bounce what can I do to stiffen them up? I was thinking about some type of turn buckle from the top hinge to the back lower corner of the door to help lift it up.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Check your supports on the chassis. On mine the bottom mounts are probably 6" off the chassis tube. The 1" tube would bend slightly forward dropping the rear of the door. I braced that and it made a big difference. My doors are still ongoing maintenance just not as often. For this reason I never drive with the door open or leave it open unnecessarily. Too many people are tempted to lean on it!

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I have a set of glass doors on my car and they are starting to sag. I have a backer inside the door where I have the hinges I notice if I have my door open while driving in the pits the seem to bounce what can I do to stiffen them up? I was thinking about some type of turn buckle from the top hinge to the back lower corner of the door to help lift it up.
Yup, That's how I do all my glass doors. I use 1/16" welding rod as the wire and 3/16 turnbuckles from home depot

·
Registered
708 Posts
If we mount a fiberglass body here in the shop we will use a turnbuckle with threaded rod going from the front top corner of the door to the bottom rear corner of the door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts