Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my junk together and have gts fiberglass front clip, doors and bed sides. My doors fit like dog shit around A piller and roof line. Wondering who makes the best s10 fiberglass doors Harry's or suncoast. I also wondering if anyone has used the suncoast dash that's made to look stock. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
153 Posts
anyone? my truck had the doors off to put a cage in it......HOLY SHIT THE DOORS ARE HEAVY AS HELL. lol. I hate to loose the roll up/down of the windows tho.

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
My 63 corvette roadster body was from Suncoast, Very light, but tons of air in the radius'.
Hairy Glass makes very good parts.

·
Registered
634 Posts
this post will not answer your questions but maybe it may change your perspective some as i share my experience making my doors as i could not justify the cost.

i am currently building my own fiberglass doors. i have completed the two molds for the drivers door (inner/outer) and will hopefully finish the passenger in the coming days. this project is one of the more involved ones i have undertaken. i do not have many options and those options were too expensive for me to justify at the time: 700+ dollars. i do not know what your doors cost for the pair and if they include polycarbonate windows but if just the doors cost around 600 or less i would say that is a good deal even if fitment make be terrible. if these doors cost a lot more then that then, yes i would expect them to fit better. i understand not everyone wants to get all itchy and lose any more brain cells dealing with body work but truing up the doors is a tangible project to most. my molds are far from perfect, i have made several blunders but as someone who cares more about weight then most i keep moving forward. although i will try feverishly to make fitment perfect i am okay with my best effort knowing the immense weight it saved me. for some added perspective, as of now the cost for this project will be less then 200 dollars in materials and if i had to make another set of doors the cost would only be ~ 80 dollars for the pair as i should be able to reuse the molds. i work slower then most as i lack the skills and confidence but i have invested about 7 hours so far and should be around 10 when complete. i mention this so that you can factor in how much you value your time.

i am sorry for adding something not directly relevant to the discussion but my goal was to help you maybe see the greener grass. if someone had a decent paying job and their time is more precious, it would be difficult for me encourage anyone to try something similar and i would advocate maybe spending 1000 dollars to get proper fitment with minimum to no preparation before install.

if you would like, i can delete this post. just mention it. thank you for your time and remember, to add speed is to add lightness!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts