Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have gathered here are a few of the new rules. Standard warnings still do not apply because you have to have something to mail in for it to apply.

Now here is where it gets to the gnats ass on things. If you are stopped, and an Inspection is conducted this is where you will develop what I believe CSA is calling the driver profile. After you receive either your warning or citation for whatever infractions you may have this is where you will have to mail in the results to the Motor Carrier Bureau.

Owner/Operator's, you guys are really going to have to tighten up on basically everything log books, mechanicals, the whole nine yards. You guys get the short end of the stick on this.

Flatbeds that tow smash cars be careful of those with engine blocks still in them and leaking crap. Big no no there have some dry sweep ready and available.

I will have more info, and as soon as Monty allows registration again, a good friend of mine is going to register who is a Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Trooper.

You all can beat him up a little then :-D

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Csa blah blah blah. I've been hearing this crap for a year now. All the whining yada yada. All the cry babies are just pissed that they are finally goin g to be held accountable for being a phuckstick behind the wheel.

IF you've done your job like you are supposed to, this will have ZERO effect on you.

I don't agree with catching points for warnings though. If it's not a citable offense why should my record be hit? I also dislike the fact that evidently there is no recourse or way to fight the points.

OC next time I pull a load to Dart container in Waxahatchie I wanna buy you a beer ( off duty for both of us of course. Maybe in a cave somewhere so nobody can see us fraternizing.)

Thanks for all the info you post here.

John Bewley
10 year vet of the road
1.2 million miles and counting.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Csa blah blah blah. I've been hearing this crap for a year now. All the whining yada yada. All the cry babies are just pissed that they are finally goin g to be held accountable for being a phuckstick behind the wheel.

IF you've done your job like you are supposed to, this will have ZERO effect on you.

I don't agree with catching points for warnings though. If it's not a citable offense why should my record be hit? I also dislike the fact that evidently there is no recourse or way to fight the points.

OC next time I pull a load to Dart container in Waxahatchie I wanna buy you a beer ( off duty for both of us of course. Maybe in a cave somewhere so nobody can see us fraternizing.)

John Bewley
10 year vet of the road
This is where being in HP(Highway Patrol) has an advantage. Any time I light up anyone it is a citable offense. I get the discretion of writing a warning out of it. Our CVE guys well they have more power and leeway than I do.

Let me double check that driver profile thingy. I want to make sure I am 100% accurate on that.

This beast changes by the second.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Thanks. Our safety director is having a fit because he is big on protesting tickets etc etc and with the new system there is evidently no way to file protest about anything. Leaves everything up to the man with the badge, and unfortunately, not all LEO's are as easy going and tolerant as you seem to be concerning the less critical aspects. I've had some pretty bogus reasons given to me as the reason they stopped me.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
More big brother bullshit? not supprising...

Government:

1. raise taxes/ plate fee's (In Illinois, an 80,000 lb. semi plate is about $4,000 a year with the taxes and fee's)
2. inflate the dollar so, the cost of fuel goes up
3. hammer the already overpatrolled trucking system
4. the cost of shipping will go through the roof
5. owner operators will just quit
6. everybody takes it in the ass.

The noose is getting tighter, soon, none of us will be able to breathe

·
Registered
570 Posts
From what I have gathered here are a few of the new rules. Standard warnings still do not apply because you have to have something to mail in for it to apply.

Now here is where it gets to the gnats ass on things. If you are stopped, and an Inspection is conducted this is where you will develop what I believe CSA is calling the driver profile. After you receive either your warning or citation for whatever infractions you may have this is where you will have to mail in the results to the Motor Carrier Bureau.

Owner/Operator's, you guys are really going to have to tighten up on basically everything log books, mechanicals, the whole nine yards. You guys get the short end of the stick on this.

Flatbeds that tow smash cars be careful of those with engine blocks still in them and leaking crap. Big no no there have some dry sweep ready and available.

I will have more info, and as soon as Monty allows registration again, a good friend of mine is going to register who is a Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Trooper.

You all can beat him up a little then :-D
O C these new rules etc. are they just for texas or country wide? I dont know you but we got your back in ga. thanks for your service and for all you do

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts

John Bewley
10 year vet of the road

I agree with everything you said except for one thing. Assuming you did a proper pretrip inspection and everything checks out,now you're in transit and either get pulled over or you go into the chicken coup and it just so happens that one of the bulbs on your trailer has burned out and of course you get written up for it that ZERO effect just turned into points against you. That's the part that sucks. I always carry spare bulbs with me but you can't always catch it unfortunately. I've been a victim of this and driving that big placarded tanker that's a bear magnet makes it even harder.

O.C White thanks for what you do and I'm looking forward to reading your friends posts when he gets here.

Joel driver for Superior Carriers

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
O.C Us small trucking company owner are trying harded to keep our stuff right. But there are alot of leo out there that just stop us to stop us...Maybe they don't understand how hard it is out there to just pay the bills let alone make any money right now. With 12 trucks last week my wife and I maded a mind blowing 345 dollars and was happy to make that....It was the first time since before christmas that we made any money an didn't lose money...Maybe some of those guys with badges should understand that...So if you are as easy as you say thanks we do thank you for your hard work.......From a x-leo to now trucking company owner....

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
O.C. is it true the more units you have registered will help average out any negative score? There will be many out of work drivers who have a poor driving record, not neccessarily bad drivers just cowboys.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O C these new rules etc. are they just for texas or country wide? I dont know you but we got your back in ga. thanks for your service and for all you do
Country wide. That's why they are developing the driver profile. I just want to check how the driver profile will be working before I say 100% what is happening with it.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O.C. is it true the more units you have registered will help average out any negative score? There will be many out of work drivers who have a poor driving record, not neccessarily bad drivers just cowboys.
Let me check.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts