Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Have not had much luck with them Chad. Is that the one for the SBC ? I tried it about 5 years ago and couldn't get them to seal right,I know a couple others that had the same results. I also used them on a 2.0 Pinto engine and at 10:1 comp it was pushing past the fire ring into the crankcase.I think they changed something.I do some 2.0 stuff for SCCA racing and they had an approved gasket.I spoke with a couple other builders that were using them and they had the same problems,we all stopped using them.Don't know if you would have better luck or not.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have not had much luck with them Chad. Is that the one for the SBC ? I tried it about 5 years ago and couldn't get them to seal right,I know a couple others that had the same results. I also used them on a 2.0 Pinto engine and at 10:1 comp it was pushing past the fire ring into the crankcase.I think they changed something.I do some 2.0 stuff for SCCA racing and they had an approved gasket.I spoke with a couple other builders that were using them and they had the same problems,we all stopped using them.Don't know if you would have better luck or not.

Good enough! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Chad, call Brian at dakota parts. He is a real straight shooter. I am sure he can give you the low down on them.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts