Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to replace my worn-out, beat-up set of Kooks Headers that are attached to my Yates heads. A new set of Kooks are going to hurt, cost-wise, and fit like crap (like the old set). How much more would it cost for custom set? With that in mind, what would it cost to have a set built out that exit the fenders?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I am having a friends made on his fox body...I think its right around $3500 for stainless.

·
Registered
16,506 Posts
SW weld up kit is right around 750 ish retail, depending on primary size. I just built a set for a 37 street rod for $1250 in labour. Your fox body would be more time consuming because your vision is impeded, making angles and cuts more difficult. I would think you would come in between 2500-3000. Remember, A they will fit properly, B you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
It's time to replace my worn-out, beat-up set of Kooks Headers that are attached to my Yates heads. A new set of Kooks are going to hurt, cost-wise, and fit like crap (like the old set). How much more would it cost for custom set? With that in mind, what would it cost to have a set built out that exit the fenders?
i see you have multiple threads on this, so here you go..
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=578259&page=4

hers a set we just did, depending on muffler collector package,anywhere from 2000.00-2700.00

once you have forward facing headers you,ll wonder why you never did it before.......

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I built my own out of j bends for about $700 with the flanges, mufflers, collectors etc.......
They turned out great but I'll probably never do it again LOL. Id say 2,500 to 3,000 is average.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
There's a BIG difference between side exits on a tube car, street rod, ect... and side exits on a full bodied car.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
And don't forget to add the price of a theather kit, if they are slip on collectors for 2014.
That's some shit ain't it? Good thing my headers are all one piece.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I think the days of $3500 fenderwell headers is getting close to the end (rediculous).I know a fair labor price is 1250ish,and like someone mentioned SW has killer kits of stainless for good prices under a g.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I think the days of $3500 fenderwell headers is getting close to the end (rediculous).I know a fair labor price is 1250ish,and like someone mentioned SW has killer kits of stainless for good prices under a g.
You ever priced out the materials using 321 and some sick burns collectors? Big deference between that stuff and the run of the mill 308 stuff with regular collectors. As for the labor, i don't see how $1250 would work for every vehicle. I've seen some headers that have 40-50 hours in them.

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
working on a setup in another members car right now--likely gonna be 4 inch single exit,but could end up dual 3 inch fender exit...

ill post pics-and im interested in seeing others pics

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
People keep talking about the s&w weld up kits......custom fender exits on most full bodied cars have to be CUSTOM built by fabricating them from individual bends. Like I said, BIG difference between a tube chassis and a real car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts