Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get rid of my tacky hood pins and looking at Dzus rails from Racecraft for my 2000 mustang. I dont want cut my schoneck bumper to add more dzus fasteners in the front. (the bumper covers the top of the turbo).

Do you guys think the fender dzus's are enough to hold the hood? I've seen a few pics in the "door car thread" that have just the fender dzus but wanted some other opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
i just think u would want a couple up front because of the air trying to pry it up on u! I know what u mean about cutting bumber just better safe then sorry might apply for this!

·
1,344 Posts
^^^ those are awesome. I wish I had known about these before I put the regular dzus on the front of mine.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Depending on your top end speed, the fenders may be enough. I would add a couple to the front if you can, a couple at the rear on the fire wall would be some added insurance.

The air wants to get under the hood and lift it when you get up around 170mph and faster...

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on your top end speed, the fenders may be enough. I would add a couple to the front if you can, a couple at the rear on the fire wall would be some added insurance.

The air wants to get under the hood and lift it when you get up around 170mph and faster...
yeah thats what im afraid of. Its already been 170+. Guess i gotta figure a way to make it look good and cut the bumper or just stick with the ugly hood pins

1 - 8 of 8 Posts