Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Female 8 AN to GM flex fuel sensor

5K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  minytrker 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Get on summit. They have a really nice search engine that will bring up anything specific like that.. from any of the various brands they carry.

I'm almost positive someone makes something too, because I have it coming off the bottom of my regulartor with a quick disconnect adapter, then another adapter to my -8 return

#15 · (Edited)
You could just buy the femal to female B nut fitting and use the -8 fitting you linked above. Seems sillt to put a -8 fitting on something with a 1/4 ID. It will restrict the fuel a ton. Put a -6 or -4 on it and run it in parallel on the return as mentioned.

Fitting

Will look similar to this on the return side.

#18 · (Edited)
It's more like $25 in fittings if you use ebay china stuff. 2 an6 "T" fittings and some push lock AN6 B nuts. Don't need the AN adaptors on the sensor. I use E85 and big pumps in everything so it's more of an issue. I'm sure at moderate power on pump gas it would be fine. Though I bet a 1/2 return feeding a 3/8 hardline sensor at the end will make pressure in the return.

#19 ·
My comment was to the actual parts involved in the pictured you posted, which is not budget stuff.
I appreciate what you have done on your build, but my I can't bring myself to use fleabay china stuff on my fuel sysyem. No hating, that's just my preference.
There are certainly different ways to plumb the sensor based on the vehicle and budget.

#20 ·
I hear ya, junker hot rodding isn't for everyone. I admit that's what I do. For a return line not seeing any real pressure I can't believe it would be an issue. I use them on the pressure side... at pretty high pressure and have yet to have any sort of issues with the china fittings. (pushlock even). Used hundreds of the things over the years with a perfect track record.

#24 ·
Stevieturbo, these sensors are used in OEM returnless systems I seriously doubt there would be pressure issues. Many regulators with o-ring ports can take a male flare fitting instead. That's how I have mine plumbed; off one -6 rail into the regulator.

That picture is from before I switched to the screw-type Russel fittings. I did NOT like how flimsy those press-on units felt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.