Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with using the Fel Pro MLS 1134 head gasket compared to the severe duty version?

It looks like the sd version is either a 4 or a thicker 5 layer gasket depending on whether you choose the sd4 or sd5.

This is for a blower car so I am wondering if the sd version is the better choice.

It does specify that all of the gaskets are for an SVO block, but I don't think that stops it from being used with something like a Dart block.

I've used cometics in the past, but have heard decent things about the fel pro mls gasket.

Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
there was thread about this in the supercharger or turbo forum not long ago, I believe the 4 layer blue coated ones werent holding up. the SD had been holding up better but the orignal MLS was not available any more. When I checked on the SD gaskets they were backordered so I got Cometic, I have had no problem with the Comeitc gaskets.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was thread about this in the supercharger or turbo forum not long ago, I believe the 4 layer blue coated ones werent holding up. the SD had been holding up better but the orignal MLS was not available any more. When I checked on the SD gaskets they were backordered so I got Cometic, I have had no problem with the Comeitc gaskets.
Thanks.

I found one thread in the turbo section and one in the nitrous section. I think the standard MLS is a three layer and then there is the 4 layer SD4 and 5 layer SD5.

I just ordered the MLS set but did not know there was an SD version when I placed the order. I haven't gotten them yet, so I don't know if they are blue or black.

I figure if the SD is better, I can return the standard MLS when I get them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts