Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to order my pistons tomorrow and possibly rings and wondered what people thought about federal mogul E251k moly ring set. My pistons will be dss racing Sx forged 351w -18cc dish .030

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Moly Ring at how much power???

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what they advertise. I'm ordering pistons and rings tomorrow

Federal Mogual E251K premium moly ring set. *Top quality for use on the street or track. *Approved for use with a moderate power adder. *4.000" standard bore (oversizes available), 5/64" / 5/64" / 3/16" ring thickness.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone???anyone at all?? its just a street car 351w 10 psi, im ordering tomorrow can anyone give me some insite about moly rings

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just looked them up, they look pretty good. thanks,this might have changed my mind of what pistons i buy

·
Registered
67 Posts
The E251k-030 is just a good stock replacement moly ring. For 10 psi it will be fine as long as the engine dosent have a lot of compression and the air temp does not get excessive. I did a experiment on one of my turbo cars and have a set of just regular moly rings in it and have ran it a 27psi and made 1500 hp at the crank. Been in the car 1yr now and no problems.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys,im likeing the hellfire rings over the federal mogul so hellfire it is thanks agin guys

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
I am not a fan of the moly rings they could be used on a lower power set up but you could knock the moly of them with too much pressure of spark knock.

Some ring only come in certain sizes some pistons may not have ring available. IE the 5/64" so you may need to get pistons with 1/16" ring grooves.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So a piston with a 1/16" ring, I was thinking about buying Probe reverse dome pistons -22cc they have 1/16" ring groves and will still give me good compression,I've heard good things about probe lately..

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
We have used Probe in several street/strip car last year with good luck. Good prices, cheap that our house brand.... lol

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to hear lol I get off work at 4 today so when I gt home I'll place my order. Thanks Robert

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are there any good 5/64" rings to use with a turbo. I'm buying the dss pistons because of trickflow heads.

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
The AP steel is better than Hellfire. I would use a high tension oil ring with a napier second. I would use some 20 degree heads unless you have R heads but the high port is still better.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update!! I ordered PROBE reverse dome pistons and i will be using hellfire rings thank you guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts