Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was bouncing around today and came across this again, I was going to buy it a couple years back, and just didn't get around to it. I figured I'd ask before I buy it.

Anyone have this book from FE Power.net ?

Link ( it's safe to click)

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
It has to be good, it's about FE's, besides Barry's book where else would you have all that information in one place, with those two books you should know everything FE.

He has good information on his website, I remember one thread with a dyno test with a cleveland tunnel ram. He also makes a manifold adapter, like the Pro Stock Engineering guy from back in the day.

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has to be good, it's about FE's, besides Barry's book where else would you have all that information in one place, with those two books you should know everything FE.

He has good information on his website, I remember one thread with a dyno test with a cleveland tunnel ram. He also makes a manifold adapter, like the Pro Stock Engineering guy from back in the day.
I know a guy who has one of those in his garage. I plan in borrowing it when I get the 450" FE together and on the dyno. I have a set of Barry's MR heads. 10.5:1. I have a Shelby Sidewinder and the Eddy Vic Jr, but would love to see what the TR will do.

I'd like to find that thread.

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gotcha I'll take a look.

FEPower.net site or Barry's ?

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lot of good info in the book, you won't be disappointed
I think I know you ....

Did your car have a 3 speed in it in the early 80's ?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Let me just say I have not worked on an FE in a long time and at that time my friends 427 ran the M/T cross ram.

NHRA 2020 Rule Amendment SS Intakes???

Post#83 - Includes pictures
That FE intake adapter is junk.No one runs it that I know of.

Post#120
I do, I owned one. The Cleveland intake that it attaches to has runners that aren't nearly as long as the FE so the adapter has to make some fairly abrupt bends on the end cylinders. Fast guys were taking a Ford tunnelwedge 2-4bbl. intake and making a 1-4bbl.intake out of it like Holbrook, but $$. The Edelbrock Victor for the FE pretty much killed any thought of this adapter being used.
CLASS RACER FORUM - Powered by vBulletin

Stan

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Stan.

Even with the abrupt turns for the end cly's one would think the over-all distribution just might be better with the TR. I do wonder about the runner cc volume for something as big as a 450" engine turning 6,800 ?

Something like a modified set of 450's or the 660's and the TR should be able to run pretty good. The Vic jr with a single 1,050 just might be hard to beat though.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
14,608 Posts
Thanks Stan.

Even with the abrupt turns for the end cly's one would think the over-all distribution just might be better with the TR. I do wonder about the runner cc volume for something as big as a 450" engine turning 6,800 ?

Something like a modified set of 450's or the 660's and the TR should be able to run pretty good. The Vic jr with a single 1,050 just might be hard to beat though.

Thanks again.
Problem with the TR is the plenum design is so out of date. Lot of guys make (or find old ones) "Cleveland" sheet metal intakes with modern plenums.
Most FE heads, right out of the box, have more than enough cross section to support strokers turning moderate rpm like you mentioned.

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Long Live The King
100,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you had the Windsor in it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts