Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. My dad has a '67 Fairlane GTA 390 convertible he bought last summer. The car is a decent driver that we're gonna restore in pieces while probably still driving it a little at the same time. We're just starting to full with it some. Basically just a fun car for father and son to fool around with.

My question is the car is COMPLETELY stock and he just had to have a multi carb set up for it. He has purchased an Offenhauser 2x4 intake and a pair of 450 Holleys off Ebay for it. He hasn't gotten the stuff yet so I don't know exactly what it is. How is this thing going to run with this basic induction set up? If changes will need to be made to get good performance could you recommend some parts that will get us good bang for the buck? Dad is really tight with his money and I wish he'd let me spend it for him and do it right but he wants to keep this as affordable as possible. I would think we'll want to do a cam swap but how big can we go with stock springs and rockers on stock heads as I don't think I'll be able to get him to spend for that stuff...but I can try :). The car still has manifolds but I'm really gonna work on him to change that too. The converter (C6) is stock and it has 3.00 gears in an open diff and hopefully that will go too.

Sorry I'm not giving you guys much to work with here but I know dad is gonna want to put the 2x4s on and I don't want him to create a dog in the process. Just looking for a little direction as I know nothing about FEs...or even Ford for that matter. Thank you very much for any help.

-Mike

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. We'll give Survival a call. After dad told me he had the Offy coming I researched it a little and saw that it's mediocre at best. I'm not sure how much it will matter in his application as he mostly just has a vision in mind and is not going to be real concerned with how it performs. My old man is definitely old school. The intake was being sold with the Holleys so I guess we'll find out if they fit or not.

I saw your post elsewhere here about your FE race. Looks like a good time. Hopefully we'll come so dad can get some good convincing how to do this build right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.