Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been dealing with FB Transmissions for over 14 years. My transmissions as well as friends and customers stuff. Good people over there.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Fred is good at what he does. I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems with one of his glides. I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the good word guys. Iam getting deal on the glide, if all checks out I feel comfortable now with all the good comments on FB.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
They have always worked very well in our cars.

·
Registered
17,417 Posts
I run their AODE transmission in my street/strip car. A little over 600 passes in 3 years. My combo is making a lot more power than I started with. As a result I'm running the car at a power level way past what they rate that transmission at. No fault of theirs, with the torque of a turbo car I've found the "limit" to the strength of the planetaries and output shaft. The 3400lb car has run 8.54 at 164 with a 1.25 short time and that is tough on parts. When it broke parts, it really wasn't their fault - I just overpowered the available components. Nobody makes aftermarket planetaries for that transmission so I've had to live with that physical limitation. Regardless, it held together well enough for me to stick with it for a long time. To my knowledge no one else will sell you an AOD for a car this fast.

Now I'm planning on pushing the car harder so I will probably upgrade to a Powerglide. I will be using FB Performance to build it for me. Fred and Mike are good people and won't BS you.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Freddy Brown is the number performance automatic transmission shop on the island.

They are great at what they do. I know many people who have been there and everyone is happy with what they got. Never Upset

1 - 14 of 14 Posts