Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I have eatin' just about everything in the lower 48:

Ruffed Grouse and antelope are at the top of my list- elk would be next, wild pig can be pretty good, whitetail deer is pretty good as burger or jerky- the back straps are good too. Moose depends on what it has been eating. I can eat black bear if I have to
Antelope by a country mile, just so darn small. Elk is awesome when the meat is properly cared for in the field and when butchering. Contrary to popular belief, the size and age of the Bull have little to do with tenderness and taste. We're eating on this fella right now and he is tasty and tender.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
1. Moose rump roast, Yukon gold taters and flour gravy, and rolls.
2. Elk cube steak, mashed taters and burnt flour gravy, rolls.
3. Buffalo, but all I get here is farmed but ill take it so im not sure if that is considered "wild".

·
The Dude Abides
18,431 Posts
Bison, Moose,Deer.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
A friend of mine gave me some burger and steak from a elk, tried the elk burger in spaghetti last night and took 2 bites an put the rest in the garbage... So far my fav meat is beef lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tried most but like Buffalo and Snapping turtle best.....Until I went to Africa. Gota say Eland is the best by far that I have ever tasted. The food while hunting there was first class and all done over a wood fire.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts