Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best tasting game meat?? I'm a big venison fan, but what about the other Game? Elk, Moose, Mule Deer, Caribou, what's you Favorites and why????

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Be hard to beat turkey breast nuggets coated with Krosterz pancake batter then deep fried. Don't know if I like dipping them into Ranch dressing or BBQ sause the best.....both taste mighty good.

·
Former RJ instigator
38,422 Posts
My favorite is duck. Not everyone has a taste for wild duck but man, my wife makes a mean duck gumbo
I'll second that duck with venison being a close second.

My step mother makes baked duck with bacon and wild rice OMFG it's to die for, I could eat that shit everyday!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Elk and Axis are mighty hard to beat as far as i'm concerned....

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Depends on how its cooked, who cooks it, and what the game has been eating imo. For many years on New Years day our group hosted an event called the Wild Dinner. The only item you needed for admission was a dish cooked from game. It became such a big deal that literally everything that could be legally harvested at one time or another was brought to this feast. Year to year the best dish would differ pending the above criteria.

A consistent favorite was Riffed Grouse dumplings ( not fried ) but slow cooked in this gravy ( couldnt get the recipe, I tried and tried ) but dayum tasty.

Sweet and Sour Venison tender loin medallions was another favorite I had numerous times that was stellar.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Have to go with Venison depending on how it was killed. If it was chased or driven then it's nasty. The best one we ever had was one my Mom hit with her car. Popped over a hill and smacked a BIG Doe. It was just standing in the middle of the road. Killed instantly.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I have eatin' just about everything in the lower 48:

Ruffed Grouse and antelope are at the top of my list- elk would be next, wild pig can be pretty good, whitetail deer is pretty good as burger or jerky- the back straps are good too. Moose depends on what it has been eating. I can eat black bear if I have to

1 - 20 of 39 Posts