Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and read the old posts, been a while, and needing new info.

What are you guys wearing now in a steel toe, 8" lace up? My Timberland Pro's have the sole coming loose again. They're comfortable, might buy another pair.

I march around like a Clydesdale, so like a comfortable boot first, long lasting second.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quite a few guys I work are switching to STC boots. We are a pretty busy fire department so always on the go and they seem to last pretty good too.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just got some Timberland Pro Ripsaw boots. Company dictates must be composite toe so I went with that. Super comfortable. They are waterproof and insulated so if you are in the south they might be a tad warm.

My only bitch about them is the laces that come with them suck ass. Get yourself a pair of 96 inch waxed hockey skate laces and youre good to go.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Been a Chippewa super logger guy for yrs,had to get a set of RedWing Irish setter loggers,they lasted just a bit less then Chippewas and not as comfortable to me.Just bought a pr of Chippewas and I can tell you they have cut quality too !

·
Titanium Member
11,402 Posts
Im wearing the reeboks.Light as a feather,and they lace up once.

·
Off the stands for 2018!
20,991 Posts
I searched and read the old posts, been a while, and needing new info.

What are you guys wearing now in a steel toe, 8" lace up? My Timberland Pro's have the sole coming loose again. They're comfortable, might buy another pair.

I march around like a Clydesdale, so like a comfortable boot first, long lasting second.
Timberland Pro 8" here too...…

Zero break in, they are comfortable as can be from day one. I abuse the crap out of mine, and usually do so 7 days a week. I get 12-14 months out of a pair before they start to take on water. I have tried and liked several brands, but for me, none of them did as well as the Timberlands.

·
Registered
32,937 Posts
Im wearing the reeboks.Light as a feather,and they lace up once.
I wear the same ones.... 16-18 hrs a day.
I wear them down to slicks in about 6 months.

·
Registered
947 Posts
after trying about 4 different popular brands i ended on thorogood. love them, wont but anything else.

·
Registered
18,873 Posts
Timberland Titan Pros, they stand up to machine shop coolant and chips for me.
Most comfortable I ever had were Sketchers but they fell apart fast - good thing they are cheap.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
I've worn them all over many years and the Timberland PRO 6" Helix CT WP boot is by far the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. You don't want steel toe boots due to the fact that the steel toe insert makes the toe box smaller requiring at least a 1/2 size bigger boot for proper toe clearance. I also have never would never wear an 8" work boot.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts