Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what are everyone's favorite cooking shows?

Recently I've stumbled upon Patti's Mexican Table, and Chef Michael's Kitchen. There's more that enjoy watching, but those are two that come to mind.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
outside of the fake scripted bullshit on Food network ill pretty much watch anything.

We have a local one that come son during the falls and it's basically wild game hunting.

o and fuck baking shows... Cant stand them

·
Senior Moment
6,680 Posts
BBQBoys.com.............I generally start there, and move to Youtube suggestions....or I just Google whatever I'm interested in cooking............taking it all with a grain of salt.....no pun intended...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Gustotv.com has Michael Bonacini cooking up recipes from various regions of Italy.
Made his "pork ribs with lime and mint" in a frying pan for the little lady. Different take on ribs from usual BBQ and sauces.
No complaining from her.
I know where you are going - looking for shows and ideas you may not familiar with.
But on this sitei it can get away from you.
I hope that the next one will not be "what is your favourite color or pattern of your apron !!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home is my all time favorite. They had great chemistry and made solid recipes that I still use today. I also loved Yan Can Cook.

For competition shows I love Great British Bake-off, Top Chef, and Kid's Baking Championship.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I never thought i would love cooking shows like i do--ill watch 80% of them if its something i want to make. Especially BBQ or Asian style . Im not into the crazy modern top level Ultra chef "deconstruct" bullshit thats weird and a small portion is $78 and ingredients are super hard to find . Love the travel style ones too like all the Bourdain shows and Bizarre Foods , etc.... .

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never thought i would love cooking shows like i do--ill watch 80% of them if its something i want to make. Especially BBQ or Asian style . Im not into the crazy modern top level Ultra chef "deconstruct" bullshit thats weird and a small portion is $78 and ingredients are super hard to find . Love the travel style ones too like all the Bourdain shows and Bizarre Foods , etc.... .
agreed 100%!

·
Former RJ instigator
39,939 Posts
I haven't watched TV in years so I can't really comment on the cooking shows of today's era, but as a kid I was glued to the TV when Julia Childs or the galloping gourmet was on, I also loved watching that crazy old fucker, Justin Wilson, oh the memories.

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,546 Posts
Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey when the show follows a UK book release, not the reality TV BS here in the USA. Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen, Milk Street, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the cooking shows with Jamie Oliver. He really inspires me, especially when I'm in lack of ideas about what to cook. It happens every morning because I got bored with eating only porridge with fruits. However, I know that breakfast is the first and the most important meal of the day. Recently, I've read how does breakfast affect you and productivity during the day and I understood that I need to have a healthy breakfast. So, on Jamie Oliver's site, I found a lot of breakfast suggestions, like delicious doughnuts, different kinds of smoothies, cardamon buns and many others. However, I found interesting shows suggestions here. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts