1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
I say murder, without having been there. More info abouit the incident and people will be reveiled in court.

·
102,312 Posts
Hmm interesting case. Definitely shows what happens when you pull a gun and don't use it and think things are going to be rosey afterwards. Very bad situation for all parties.

·
Registered
401 Posts
the shooter will go down on manslaughter and probably get 3-7..

why I think that, because it was not pre-meditated..road rage is one bad ass thing to posess..I am guilty many times and yes I did have a confrontation gun to gun once...left me shaking and swore never again..

so the questions are:..should the guy that was killed in the mustang NOT have tapped his brakes and simply let that pickup (shooter) go around, would he still be alive..most definately yes..

should the guy that was killed had stayed in his car and not have presented a weapon, would he still be alive...probably yes..

should have the guy that was the shooter been a bit more respectful to the Mustang driver and not tailgated and simply gone around, this incident would have never happened..

obviously the shooter was a hot head and had a burr up his ass about something and took it out on the Mustang driver..

many lessons learned here...let idiots go..
gun ownership comes with a responsibility..
think before you draw unless its absolutely a life threatening thing..
both didnt keep their cool...

thats my 2 cents

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmm interesting case. Definitely shows what happens when you pull a gun and don't use it and think things are going to be rosey afterwards. Very bad situation for all parties.
I said it's where two idiots met on the road. I think the 21 year old was stupid for pulling his gun, and I think the other guy was stupid for tailgating, and for getting out of his truck in the first place. An argument could be made that all he had to do was drive off, enven after the guy pointed a gun at him, so maybe he thought he was still in danger at that point. The 21 year old could have thought he and his girlfriend were in danger when the guy got out of his truck and approached their vehicle in a threatening manner.

Bad situation that should have never happened. Both probably had a "billy badass" attitude, and now one of them is dead. The other could go to prison for a long time. Bad decisions made on both sides if you ask me.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the shooter will go down on manslaughter and probably get 3-7..

why I think that, because it was not pre-meditated..road rage is one bad ass thing to posess..I am guilty many times and yes I did have a confrontation gun to gun once...left me shaking and swore never again..

so the questions are:..should the guy that was killed in the mustang NOT have tapped his brakes and simply let that pickup (shooter) go around, would he still be alive..most definately yes..

should the guy that was killed had stayed in his car and not have presented a weapon, would he still be alive...probably yes..

should have the guy that was the shooter been a bit more respectful to the Mustang driver and not tailgated and simply gone around, this incident would have never happened..

obviously the shooter was a hot head and had a burr up his ass about something and took it out on the Mustang driver..

many lessons learned here...let idiots go..
gun ownership comes with a responsibility..
think before you draw unless its absolutely a life threatening thing..
both didnt keep their cool...

thats my 2 cents
Sums it up very well. I'll try to remember to post what the Grand Jury decides when it comes out.

·
102,312 Posts
The part of this that is just not jiving with me is, the guy in the pickup after having a gun pointed at him backs into the Mustang pushing it across the median after having a gun pointed at him and then jumps out with his own gun in hand.

On the flip side, the guy in the pickup after having a gun pointed at him was no longer in any danger and escalated the situation by doing what he did by ramming the Mustangs and pushing it across the median.

Now my question is after reading those two articles, and the sidebars, why didn't the driver of the Mustang represent his weapon and pull the trigger this time?

Lot of holes in this case. I don't envy the Prosecutors or Defense Attorneys on this one.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The part of this that is just not jiving with me is, the guy in the pickup after having a gun pointed at him backs into the Mustang pushing it across the median after having a gun pointed at him and then jumps out with his own gun in hand.

On the flip side, the guy in the pickup after having a gun pointed at him was no longer in any danger and escalated the situation by doing what he did by ramming the Mustangs and pushing it across the median.

Now my question is after reading those two articles, and the sidebars, why didn't the driver of the Mustang represent his weapon and pull the trigger this time?

Lot of holes in this case. I don't envy the Prosecutors or Defense Attorneys on this one.
Right. It's almost two separate incidents. Once they both got back into their vehicles, was the first incident over? So then the guy rams the other car and pushes it across the road, becoming the aggressor, and gets out of the vehicle and emidiately starts shooting. I'm thinking he will be indicted. Wouldn't want to be on the jury.

·
102,312 Posts
Right. It's almost two separate incidents. Once they both got back into their vehicles, was the first incident over? So then the guy rams the other car and pushes it across the road, becoming the aggressor, and gets out of the vehicle and emidiately starts shooting. I'm thinking he will be indicted. Wouldn't want to be on the jury.
Now we are firing on all cylinders. How do you write this up? Is it two seperate incidents, or is it one continious incident. Since the parties were never seperated, I would say it is one incident.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe it is premeditated, he killed him after his first act of pushing the car across the road.
You may very well be right. But, was the first act the 21 year old exiting his vehicle, and pointing a gun at the shooter? By all accounts, the other guy pointed a gun at him first. Does that threat/right to self defense go away when they both get back into their vehicles? Maybe not. I'm not sure.
Was the 21 year olds life being threatened? Or was he the aggressor?

OC, if it's all one incident, who's life was threatened first, and was the continuation by ramming the 21 year olds car a defense? Or was it an escalation?

·
102,312 Posts
You may very well be right. But, was the first act the 21 year old exiting his vehicle, and pointing a gun at the shooter? By all accounts, the other guy pointed a gun at him first. Does that threat/right to self defense go away when they both get back into their vehicles? Maybe not. I'm not sure.
Was the 21 year olds life being threatened? Or was he the aggressor?

OC, if it's all one incident, who's life was threatened first, and was the continuation by ramming the 21 year olds car a defense? Or was it an escalation?
Don't really know how it will be worded, but the mustang guy could be charged with agg. assault(having a weapon presented). I think(just talking off the cuff here and not being there) it is a continuation because the situation was fluid, it never stopped, and yes the ramming the mustang was an escalation and an ego trip.

Reason I say escalation, he had a chance to drive away. Lot of traffic codes broke by the pickup guy.

·
Registered
20,849 Posts
If I was on the jury, the guy in the truck would be in for a hard time. First, he tailgates and gets the tap on the brakes to get off guy's ass. Instead guy cuts him off, exits car with what intent? Mustang guy repulses perceived threat with gun. Both parties get back in car and that should have been the end of it. Instead truck driver rams the guy. That sounds like vehicular assault to me, perhaps already a felony. Mustang guy gets out. If he had the weapon in hand, truck guy might have a chance in court, but he did escalate it to assault. At this point Mustang guy had done nothing more than brandish a weapon it sounds like. Truck guy has already committed vehicular assault. If there was no gun in Mustang guy's hand, truck driver should absolutely be charged with murder. He could have driven away at any time after he got back in his truck.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't really know how it will be worded, but the mustang guy could be charged with agg. assault(having a weapon presented). I think(just talking off the cuff here and not being there) it is a continuation because the situation was fluid, it never stopped, and yes the ramming the mustang was an escalation and an ego trip.

Reason I say escalation, he had a chance to drive away. Lot of traffic codes broke by the pickup guy.
Yep. Both had the billy badass syndrome if you ask me. All this, over someone taigating and macho/ego BS. Great way to screw up a bunch of peoples lives huh?

·
Registered
41,414 Posts
Does that threat/right to self defense go away when they both get back into their vehicles? Maybe not. I'm not sure.
He gave up the self defense when he got back in the vehicle and rammed him. It only takes a microsecond to form intent. He didn't shoot him when the kid had a gun on him. He shot him after he pushed him into oncoming traffic and he was unarmed.

·
102,312 Posts
Yep. Both had the billy badass syndrome if you ask me. All this, over someone taigating and macho/ego BS. Great way to screw up a bunch of peoples lives huh?
I really don't know if I would classify the Mustang guy as the billy bad ass for a number of reason except one(the tapping of the brakes).

What did pickup truck guy when he came around Mustang guy do? Did he shoot him a bird? Did he yell at him? If the truck guy got out of his truck empty handed, what made mustang guy fear for his life to brandish a weapon? Was this person a large individual, wearing Tapout gear(you know like all the badasses wear these days)

I would love to be working this case.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The shooter is gonna go down for this one. Too many blown chances to end it with nobody getting hurt and he clearly took the situation to the next level resulting in the fatality.

·
102,312 Posts
The shooter is gonna go down for this one. Too many blown chances to end it with nobody getting hurt and he clearly took the situation to the next level resulting in the fatality.
In the long run you are 100% correct. Unfortunately dead guy is going to be drug through the mud on this. Especially a criminal law student, and studying to be a police officer.

Defense is going to eat that shit alive.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts