Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,058 Posts
People have been 7s with cast twin 66 borgs. Chris Bishir is one that comes to mind. Non intercooled pump E85

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
6266s went that far Im impressed. Have some 6766s i thought would be out of steam at 175mph or so at 3400#

Gas, ethanol or methanol?

·
Registered
675 Posts
6266s went that far Im impressed. Have some 6766s i thought would be out of steam at 175mph or so at 3400#

Gas, ethanol or methanol?
The car has been 186mph, it can make another 5psi more boost than that but you are fighting valve train stability with a hyd cam vs boost pressure. Intake temps also over 200*.

This was on methanol, it has run within 4/100's intercooled and non intercooled. The big tyre run was in a different chassis obviously, that run was non intercooled methanol. Stock LQ9 block and stock LS3 head castings cnc ported. Its no race engine, it gets driven on pump gas or E85 on the street and has completed 3 drag challenges (similar to drag week) here in Australia and done 20-30k miles in the last 4-5 years.

6BOOST

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The car has been 186mph, it can make another 5psi more boost than that but you are fighting valve train stability with a hyd cam vs boost pressure. Intake temps also over 200*.

This was on methanol, it has run within 4/100's intercooled and non intercooled. The big tyre run was in a different chassis obviously, that run was non intercooled methanol. Stock LQ9 block and stock LS3 head castings cnc ported. Its no race engine, it gets driven on pump gas or E85 on the street and has completed 3 drag challenges (similar to drag week) here in Australia and done 20-30k miles in the last 4-5 years.

6BOOST
What timing did it like intercooled and what did you run without?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

6BOOST

That's awesome!
Nice job with that setup.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Impressive!! Maybe I missed how much total boost?
Its not my engine to disclose timing and compression, both of which are relative to the combo/camshaft/other factors anyway. It can make over 40lb's of boost and ran that on 35lb or so.

6BOOST

·
Registered
151 Posts
8.40s @ 162 through mufflers and tail pipes...3300 lb...turbonetics journal bearing 6668s...not that fast compared to others, but should run high 7s with these turbos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts