Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
Don't have a clue what the fastest stock block with iron heads are, I'll take a guess and say low 9s, but I really don't know. The heads, what do you want to know abnout them? They flow 155 cfms on the intake stock...Plenty of meat left for porting, but the absolute BEST, and I mean BEST I've seen them flow is 240 on the intake and I'm sure those were used for a class type race that requires stock heads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set on my racecar and they are working really well and i just wanted to know a little more info on wat i have because i was thinking of going with some aluminum heads but i was scared it was going to slow me down by these working so well

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
Gimme some details in the combo. Whats done to the heads, what cam, intake, Carb, Tranny and gear. Once you say that I can suggest a set of heads for you. Also, how big is your motor?

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
What is the fastest time on a stock block sb with iron heads....and what do you all think about some ford 351w e7 heads
I helped a kid with a 390 area sbf with clevland heads .He had a plate on it and i put 125 nitrous and 108 fuel jet in it .It went 5.24 for 1 pass and split every main saddle in it .But it was a fun nite at any rate .I think it ran 6.60s on engine.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
E7 heads are not worth a flip. Pretty much any aftermarket alluminum head will outflow a ported E7 right out of the box. For a stroked windsor I would go with a minimum of a 185cc head, but normally a 205 and bigger is what you want.
As far as a stock 351 block is concerned, I've seen them break at 500 and I've seen them handle 1000. The higher horsepower guys are usually using a 69 block with a lot of work done to it. By the time you pay a machinist to strengthen up the block you may as well have bought a used Dart block.

I cracked an 84 windsor block with a 427ci (4.17" stroke crank) with around 575 horsepower and shifting at only 6400. That was all motor running [email protected] at 3000 lbs.

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
Intended use? Street/strip? Just strip? How big is the motor also? I would reccomend a minimum of a 205cc head for your application. I'd look into the trick flow twisted wedge 205. A HUGE gain over stock head. 351 heads ported to the Max, like I said, will only flow ~240cfms...and that's if the Guy knows those heads well. This Guy on another forum I know has a pump gas 408 with ported trick flow 185s, bullet camshaft, pro systems Carb and a Vic Jr. and he made 430rwhp on 91 octane with fouled plugs. With a more aggressive cam and better heads you can get a relatively easy 500 to the tire out of that engine N/A

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Factory AMC block (425ci) and factory "AMC heads" ported in a 3300lb full street get up car on spray , 9 flat at 157 lauching on 20% with drag time of 6.5sec...with what i did not know back then was a way fat tune up...36/36 nos fogger.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Many, many, many years ago, I went 6.20's with worked 882's on a 10.5 to 1 406 in a 3400 lb car on a plate system.

But like I said that was many years ago, probably early nineties. Pretty damn quick for back then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts