Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I torn this site apart. What's the fastest SBF wearing R heads with nitrous to date. Im hoping with some seat time and really getting after it to get in the 4.9-5.1 range. Duane Busch thinks at my weight I can get there. Sam Vincent has set up the build, Duane Busch ported everything.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What you thinking Chris? Im curious how fast Sam went with those custom raised deals that flowed 400 cfm, he said it made 900 something rwhp back when he didn't know much. Wonder if we can get him to spill the beans. He and allot others like the highport better.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I cant say in public. I know what it made on the dyno with and without nitrous and I know what the car is going to weigh . If you can believe the Wallace calculator I cant wait . Just have to get all my ducks in a row . There is somebody on here I have been talking to that said his would go a 4.70 . Have to wait and see .

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I think sam went 8,0s with them wat back in the day. Think he made over 800 on motor. He has said on here before .Chris, im sure yours is goona fly!:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"I hada custom set of raised runner R heads back im 2000-2001 done by Cary Chouinard that were 266cc port volume, 2.180/1.600 valve on 52* seats with intake pushrod hole welded up and moved over about .200" to widen intake port to like almost 1.600" wide using offset lifter and flow was 406/285cfm. had to use shaft rockers on those. it also used a Yates head type intake manifold like the #2863.

on a Wilson single spray bar plate that deal made 970rwhp on like 83 or 91 jet back when I first started and didnt anything LOL"

Yeah I have read almost every thread on a R head I can find. This from 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM by Sam. Post where they were talking to maxrider about highport is a better head than 235 R head

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"oh yea, the ywer e costly, all titanium valves, Beryllium seats, about $5k i n heads. back then just because Yates type heads werent allowed in "True street" and there was a 100# weight break in SSO for non-Yates type head. it was a 441" SBF it made 820hp on DTS engine dyno back in 2000 with internal oil system.

not very impressive power for today's standards, but pretty good back then, heck it even had 1/16~1/16~3/16 rings in it and only 2" headers." Sam other post

I know of a couple engines that make over 800 with R heads now but 820 nitrous set up pretty impressive.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't bug him on the weekends so Ill have to see tomorrow.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Bringing back an oldie here, but I just bought a set of raised runner r's off a guy on here. Apparently they used to be Blake Holcomb's and were ported and "raised" by Bennett. According to the seller, Holcomb ran 7.7x with 2 kits on a 430" deal in a fox body that weighed 3040#. Not sure that's the fastest but it's pretty fast I'd say. Heads flow 382 @ .800. 2.15/1.65 valves.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Bringing back an oldie here, but I just bought a set of raised runner r's off a guy on here. Apparently they used to be Blake Holcomb's and were ported and "raised" by Bennett. According to the seller, Holcomb ran 7.7x with 2 kits on a 430" deal in a fox body that weighed 3040#. Not sure that's the fastest but it's pretty fast I'd say. Heads flow 382 @ .800. 2.15/1.65 valves.
If Bennett did the heads your in good shape . When Bennett did mine about 5 years ago it made 813hp on the dyno .

·
Registered
501 Posts
If Bennett did the heads your in good shape . When Bennett did mine about 5 years ago it made 813hp on the dyno .
I'm pretty jacked about it. ive been trying to set aside enough cash to get my heads worked over enough to finally put your old cam and converter to use, and then I stumble across this set for a price that I couldn't even get a mild port job and bigger valve for.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I'm pretty jacked about it. ive been trying to set aside enough cash to get my heads worked over enough to finally put your old cam and converter to use, and then I stumble across this set for a price that I couldn't even get a mild port job and bigger valve for.
LOL. I cant wait to hear your results .:p

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Which intake are you going to use ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Which intake are you going to use ?
Well I'm hoping to be able to get them on and running right away, so if all goes well I'm just going to use my victor for now. Engine will be due for a freshen this winter tho, so plan will be to put it back together with the chi 4.0 that's sitting in a box in the garage. Heads are coming with adapter plates for standard intake, so no issues with the raised runners

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Well I'm hoping to be able to get them on and running right away, so if all goes well I'm just going to use my victor for now. Engine will be due for a freshen this winter tho, so plan will be to put it back together with the chi 4.0 that's sitting in a box in the garage. Heads are coming with adapter plates for standard intake, so no issues with the raised runners
Sounds like a plan . Good luck .

1 - 20 of 95 Posts