Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the fastest leaf spring 275 60 drag radial guys doing in the 60' .Im looking at the caltracks and there split monoleaf witha good adj. shock. You guys think low 1.30's are possible?

·
Registered
26 Posts
What are the fastest leaf spring 275 60 drag radial guys doing in the 60' .Im looking at the caltracks and there split monoleaf witha good adj. shock. You guys think low 1.30's are possible?

A good friend of mine has a stock suspension small block powered 66 chevy II, running the 275/60/15 MT drag radials. Car 60's 1.32, and has ran 5.52 and the 1/8. So it is possible....

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I did a bunch of 1.30s with a 295 and caltrac stuff.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Ive seen CKnights camaro go 1.2x's on 295's and Caltracs!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got homade slaper bars and stock leafs on it now and have been in the 1.38-1.41 average , but with 165# in the rear, i just want to try a better setup and maybe take a lil # out...Here is how the truck was leaving. sorry but it is the best video i got...

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I've run 1.30 on the button on 315's about 10 times in a row very VERY consistent, and I'm still having problems, it will run 1.25 or better and get the calvet split monos it really helps a bunch over the stock leafs.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When i talked to Calvert they did recomend using the monoleaf. Im kinda wondering about the trax max bars from Smith racing, bit really no imput.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Friend HAD a cal-trac with monoleaf with a 29 x 9 all steel sb with 250 shot went 1.29 60'. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
When i talked to Calvert they did recomend using the monoleaf. Im kinda wondering about the trax max bars from Smith racing, bit really no imput.
truck looks really good on launch in vid, have you tried leaving on more power, it leaves and carries to wheels out, sweet. put the big pills in it and see what the chassis wants!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
truck looks really good on launch in vid, have you tried leaving on more power, it leaves and carries to wheels out, sweet. put the big pills in it and see what the chassis wants!!!
That was with my old motor and it had the BIG pills in it , 250 is as far as i want to go on a stock bottom end..

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
looks pretty good in person, too. can't wait to see how it'll leave with a motor in it, lol. nice to see something other than a mustang at the track, too:)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks pretty good in person, too. can't wait to see how it'll leave with a motor in it, lol. nice to see something other than a mustang at the track, too:)
I was just thinking if it done that good with some old homade junk, surely it can do better:cool:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
a friend of mine makes a traction bar called a dagger it is 8 way adjustable it isnt mass produced he custom makes them to fit your application with the measurements you provide this is my truck stock springs stock shocks 90/10 on the front its diabolical motor sports this is my truck i have to put front end limitors to keep it down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg0o0vQ83Mw oh yea 1.37 60ft on the back tires

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I've run 1.30 on the button on 315's about 10 times in a row very VERY consistent, and I'm still having problems, it will run 1.25 or better and get the calvet split monos it really helps a bunch over the stock leafs.
Your problem could be the .043 rings. I'm pretty sure....;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
1.30's are very do-able

I have made several 1.30 60ft passes with the norm on my junk being 1.32 with only one kit.
Nothing wild just C/E Slide-a-links, Landrum mono leafs, and M/T 3055w 28x10.5x15
Car has been 5.50's @ 129.8 with 3500 lbs
Sorry no .043's here mine are 1/16th also :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts