Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just curious about some good running cars with a 350 block

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
350 with a stock block? i know of a street racer that ran 8.40s with a factory 350 block
yah stock block!! thats a good time for a street car.. what power adder????

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts
its was probley turbo seeing it puts less stress on the block

i'm sure a splayed 4 bolt main 4.00 bore filled block with some light weight parts and a turbo combo could go low 8s.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
it was a factory 2 bolt main with splayed caps and it was bottle feed it had 2 foggers block was changed out every winter never broke a block but cracked a bore on one cylinder 1 time ,other than an occasional head gasket or piston it worked great

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
rotating parts where always eagle and je pistons,blocks were filled to the water pump inlets. the block being a factory block was always the hook for us street racing because we would show it off to everyone and nobody thought the car was that fast with a factory block

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the fastest 350 ive heard of was low 8's

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts
rotating parts where always eagle and je pistons,blocks were filled to the water pump inlets. the block being a factory block was always the hook for us street racing because we would show it off to everyone and nobody thought the car was that fast with a factory block
what heads did yall use on the combo??

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
My stock block is faster then your stock block bubs ;)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I ran an 8.80 with an 1980 pound altered ( with driver ) a couple years back. It was a stock 350 Block, Cola 4340 Crankshaft, 15:1 compression, Iron Dart Heads with 2.10 / 1.60 Titanium Valves, .625 lift camshaft, and a Hilborn Alcohol Injection from the 60's that I paid 600 dollars for with the pump. Engine was 383 cubic inch. Launched at 4500, shifted at 7600, and went thru the traps at 8000. It had those crane gold rockers with a stud girdle.

Ran that motor for 4 years without a rebuild doing 200 passes a year.

I also ran it in a 2400 pound door car and ran 9.69 at Miramichi.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts