Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty but I think BS3 is probably a bit more popular. I would explore using John Meaneys new coil on plug setup with a BBC cam sync trigger GM part # 1104068 and a 24 tooth wheel. This ignition setup would be more powerful than any MSD box besides a promag44 due to the longer dwell times that single coil setups can't compete with. People have used stock LS1 coils for 2000+HP on alcohol and unlimited on gas so imagine what the even more powerful COP he's selling are now capable of. Don't confuse mJ output with dwell time because dwell has been shown to be a critical part in igniting all the fuel compared to just looking at "mj output". You'll save thousands in the end because you won't have to buy all the expensive MSD stuff.

Anyone using a F.A.S.T. XFI on a BBC with any luck?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
If going coil on plug do yourself a favor and use the Pantera coils you can turn them up to 7 amps

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
We run XFI sytems on BBC's. Has done well for us so far (going on 5 yrs. now). Would not want to go back to carb at all...... As others have said there are different systems but for what all the XFI does and money you have in it, it's hard to beat the FAST systems. Have run XFI BBC n/a, nitrous, and boosted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We run XFI sytems on BBC's. Has done well for us so far (going on 5 yrs. now). Would not want to go back to carb at all...... As others have said there are different systems but for what all the XFI does and money you have in it, it's hard to beat the FAST systems. Have run XFI BBC n/a, nitrous, and boosted.
What Intake manifold are you using? With the Dominator I had a Super Victor. The manifold supplied by FAST seems to be a Victor Jr (by the casting#) with an adapter for the 4500 TB. I think the manifold is killing me.

Made 1015 @wheel with Carb
makes 891with FAST

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I use an Electromotive. Works fine. They all have their little idiosyncracies like odd names for certain functions. In the end, there isn't a lot to choose between them (the different consumer grade EFI setups). I like the Electromotive because it combines a multicoil HV ignition with the ECU.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
What Intake manifold are you using? With the Dominator I had a Super Victor. The manifold supplied by FAST seems to be a Victor Jr (by the casting#) with an adapter for the 4500 TB. I think the manifold is killing me.

Made 1015 @wheel with Carb
makes 891with FAST

We have been using Brodix intakes as of late. ALLWAYS use the intake that best fits the compo. If you still have your Super Victor intake install injector bungs and rails on to it. Something else with efi over carbs is they like lots of planium in the intakes. If I can help let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts