Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
I have some experience with it. Is there something specific your curious about? If TC is illegal then this box is more than likely illegal as well. it is clearly labeled as a TC equipped box and different in color.

·
Banned
18,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I primarily bracket race and have to find out if the NHRA has banned this particular box. I know it is a different color too. I am still contemplating running a different ECM next year so I am just continuing doing some research on the different ECM's out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No it is definitely not legal in NHRA or IHRA competition. That is why it is spelled out on the box and a different color. We didn't need FAST boxes in general thrown out because a tech guy thought all boxes had traction control so we went to both of them and worked with them to make sure they weren't thrown out. The red XFI's are definitely still legal.

·
Banned
18,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, I kinda thought that. If I ever buy a newer ECM I certainly don't want to get something that will get me in trouble!

Funny thing is that the wifes street car has traction control and an electronically controlled trans so the entire car could be looked-at as illegal, but she's no good at bracket racing so they won't bother her!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts