Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a XFI or a BS3 for my turbo street car. My car will see a good amount of track time and a lot of street time also including a few thousand miles in a weeks time on the Hot Rod Power Tour. I know either will work fine for my combo and both are capable systems but I would like to know which offers the most dependability. I bought one of the first FAST EZ EFI systems a few years ago when they first came out and it was horrible so I am a little gun shy. The EZ EFI set up I had kept failing and FAST claimed it was faulty parts from thier suppliers but either way I had a car that was unuseable while I waited on them to fix the ECU a few times. Once I even drove 12 hours round trip to FAST with the ECU to get it repaired so I would not have to wait 2 weeks! I am going to buy the XFI or BS3 from a qaulity vendor so support after the sale should not be a problem and I am most concerned about the qaulity and dependibility of each system. Thanks

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ill be watching this thread cause im looking for the same answer. I have about a 1/2 a dozen friends who are using BS3, we all are friends with someone who is a dealer for them and also installs and tunes them. Alot of guys seem to like the fast since its user friendly and from what i read is pretty reliable. All my friends who use the BS3 have been using it mainly in street cars for 1-2 years now and havent had any issues. id love to jump into efi this winter but after reading the holley dominator install thread it id like to get more answers myself.

if u dont know anyone who is a BS3 dealer, and not to jump over hyperactives business contact OAB racing (on a budget) john hes on longisland and is on this website aswell.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Sorry I missed this one... Dependable would depend on what kind of dependability you are looking for. Both systems are great systems that do what they are told. The BS3 has very robust hardware and very good noise immunity. The Fast has a very nice and easy to navigate user interface. The biggest thing with any sensitive electronic device is the install, do it wrong and you will bang your head against the wall for a very long time. As for the EZ-EFI, well I am not a fan of those types of devices as they become too sensor dependant. I do not feel you would have the same problems with the XFI if you wanted to give FAST another chance.

Either way you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I never have been around a BS3, so I no opinion on it. However, I do have a XFI on my turbo car and I am a novice tuner. I haven't had any problems with the system. It really is easy to make any corrections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts