Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the math multiple times for the sensor gain and offset settings, never comes out right. I also called FAST and someone there did the math on it and it was wrong also. I am running the sensor for pan vac and can figure out what it is from the raw voltage numbers but it would be way easyier if I did not have to manualy convert it over.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I have a 1000 psi sensor that I am having the same issues with.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Cal, using the XFI 1.34 or 2.0 what should the settings be for a 1000psi sensor? I was assuming 250/-250/1000 but when I set it up like this I wasnt getting the correct readings.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you're using an AEM sensor, try using -125 for the offset, otherwise it will depend on what brand sensor you are using. For best results, I like to set it up using a known pressure value. To do this, set your sensor values to 1,0,5,0,2 from top to bottom. This will display the sensor in raw volts. Take note what the value is @ 0 psi, then apply a known pressure and take note of the voltage again. The higher the applied pressure, the more accurate you should be. If you do this method, let me know your voltages and we'll get her dialed in.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
It is a PCS sensor that came with the PCS/FAST dash i bought.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Thats a separate issue...lol. i can see pressure on the xfi but only get voltage on the dash, and the dash is set to read in psi.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a separate issue...lol. i can see pressure on the xfi but only get voltage on the dash, and the dash is set to read in psi.

I am pretty sure the dash will not display any of the aux sensors in the fast in anything but voltage. It is my understanding that it is converted from voltage to what ever unit is displayed on the software end. I would be nice if there is a way to make it display as I have used up all of the inputs on the PCS and all but 1 on the fast. I can't look at any of the sensors in the fast except in a datalog using the fast software.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I assume you want the display in (inHG). If so use:

Gain= -12
Offset= 30
High= 30
Low= -30
Decimal= 0

If you want it in PSI use:

Gain= 6
Offset= -15
High= 15
Low=-15
Decimal= 0
Thanks, that got it real close. How did you do the math for it? I must have done it 20 times and FAST got it wrong also. I have been able to setup any sensor that reads all positive numbers but anything that reads both negiative and positive has given my a hard time.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
If you're using an AEM sensor, try using -125 for the offset, otherwise it will depend on what brand sensor you are using. For best results, I like to set it up using a known pressure value. To do this, set your sensor values to 1,0,5,0,2 from top to bottom. This will display the sensor in raw volts. Take note what the value is @ 0 psi, then apply a known pressure and take note of the voltage again. The higher the applied pressure, the more accurate you should be. If you do this method, let me know your voltages and we'll get her dialed in.
Cal, at 0 psi it reads 1.73 volts and at 100 psi it reads 3.04 volts. This is with the 1,0,5,0,2 settings like you mentioned above. Can you help me out with the right calibration settings? It is a 1000 psi sensor. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
it doesnt need to reach 1000, it is actually being used to monitor the trans output line pressure. I will try those and see how it works. Thanks!

·
Registered
518 Posts
What would be the gain and offset for a GM 1bar sensor, tried the math and it's wrong

1 - 15 of 15 Posts