Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 mustang gt and i was wondering other than the things my car has already what else should i look into to make sure i can put the power to the ground...

900 hp turbo car powerglide with transbrake would like to do it on 275 drs shooting for 5.50,5.60 8th mile

sub frame is tied
upper lower non adj control arms
lake would 50/50 rear shocks
trick springs rear
air bag passenger rear
8.8 rear end 31 spline axles 5/8th wheel studs
full spool
ta girdle
tubular k member and a arms
coil over front
cast and camber plates
8pt roll cage
and thinking about running my aluminum drive shaft

·
Boss
2,098 Posts
Swap out the non adjustable suspension for something that is adjustable. I don't see it listed, so I'll throw it in there, a QUALITY anti roll bar. Then look into gettting a set of adjustable shocks/struts. Call Dave @ Team Z or Mark @ Racecraft. Both companies offer superb products and customer service.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Agreed you have a suspension on the car that I ditched when I started running 11.50s in the quarter.

ARB and adjustable suspension as a bare minimum starting point.

Oh and ditch the trick springs and airbag.

·
Registered
607 Posts
X2
Adjustable uppers/lowers
Lower control arm drop brackets for housing
Anti roll bar
Adjustable shocks

Would also suggest moving spring off the lower control arm and going with a coil over set up.
Your going to want to get away from anything that is urethane in the rear.

You can call and talk to Pat or I if you have any questions. P.S. Mark is no longer with us at Racecraft.

Thanks, Kory

·
Boss
2,098 Posts
X2
Adjustable uppers/lowers
Lower control arm drop brackets for housing
Anti roll bar
Adjustable shocks

Would also suggest moving spring off the lower control arm and going with a coil over set up.
Your going to want to get away from anything that is urethane in the rear.

You can call and talk to Pat or I if you have any questions. P.S. Mark is no longer with us at Racecraft.

Thanks, Kory
Sorry Kory. I wasn't aware Mark was nolonger with the company. To the OP, true coil over setup in the rear will make an improvement as well.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Agreed you have a suspension on the car that I ditched when I started running 11.50s in the quarter.

ARB and adjustable suspension as a bare minimum starting point.

Oh and ditch the trick springs and airbag.

x2! also those 31 splines wont last long either. You sure that motor is 900 horse? If in fact it is, almost all of these parts you have are doing you no good.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
And if you're going to buy new rear shocks, coil-over or not, if you plan on running 275's... save up the extra $$$ and go with a double adjustable rear shock right away. It'll save you lots of headaches.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have a similar car with less power, 5.50 to 5.60 should be prety easy, with just some good suspension parts and some adjustable shocks, get some good adjustable uppers and lowers a good ARB and some adjustable rear shocks, I use a stock V8 spring with one coil cut and the strange 10 way boltin shock, I've had real good 60 foots on a decent track, and never been out of the .20's on a test and tune track! Keep it simple and have fun!

·
Registered
327 Posts
also depending on where ur racing ur shooting for bout a second faster than ur cage allows

·
Registered
62 Posts
Swap out the non adjustable suspension for something that is adjustable. I don't see it listed, so I'll throw it in there, a QUALITY anti roll bar. Then look into gettting a set of adjustable shocks/struts. Call Dave @ Team Z or Mark @ Racecraft. Both companies offer superb products and customer service.
You can find me here.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts