Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the FAST O2 sensors on the track?

I would like to log the run, without a laptop.

Any experiences??

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
I have one on my dragster, it works great... in real time only. It stores a run for playback, but only plays back in real time. You need a datalogger to record it to see details, it is too fast to see the tenth changes. It will help get close and better than nothing. I would get the Innovate system if I did it again.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FAST makes an add on RPM module kit, that will playback slower and vs. RPM. I haven't installed it yet, so I would like to see some feedback first.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Yes, specifically the 170402
That's the unit I just shipped back,they want to look at it but I requested my money back.One side reads 18- 20 consistantly,other side almost cost me an engine.Showed fat 9.7-9.9,I kept leaning the fuel pressure for the nitrous wanting to get 11.5-12. Put an additional 2 pounds of fuel,guess what........went 3 mph faster and still read 9.7 ! It was very hard to read just playing back the unit, so I hard wired it into my RPM Data Logger,same garbage.I have their junk bungs welded in each tube and the collector mufflers (search my posts on that Bullshit) even at idle the driver side read 18-20.So I relied on the passenger side,don't want to know how close I came to burning my shit up.When they send it back, "fixed" it will be on the table at the next swap meet.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now my meter reads 20 on both sides at idle.

I sent my carb out to be looked at, and the guy confirmed it was very lean at idle. He made some adjustments.

I'm going to try it next weekend to see. I also will put in the RPM module kit, so I can see exactly what the readings are going down the track.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
What happens when you bring the rpm's up ? Try slowly raising to 3500-4000 and then wot it a couple of times, then play it back and see what it reads.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
ALWAYS tune with the plugs first, then see how the O2 numbers relate. Have to agree the Fast logger is unreadable at " live speed" , may be better with " half speed" update.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That's the unit I just shipped back,they want to look at it but I requested my money back.One side reads 18- 20 consistantly,other side almost cost me an engine.Showed fat 9.7-9.9,I kept leaning the fuel pressure for the nitrous wanting to get 11.5-12. Put an additional 2 pounds of fuel,guess what........went 3 mph faster and still read 9.7 ! It was very hard to read just playing back the unit, so I hard wired it into my RPM Data Logger,same garbage.I have their junk bungs welded in each tube and the collector mufflers (search my posts on that Bullshit) even at idle the driver side read 18-20.So I relied on the passenger side,don't want to know how close I came to burning my shit up.When they send it back, "fixed" it will be on the table at the next swap meet.
They didn't force you to buy there 02 bosses. There are many different vendor's out there that sell those bosses.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
They didn't force you to buy there 02 bosses. There are many different vendor's out there that sell those bosses.
What's that mean? Wouldn't you buy the product that coincides with what you're installing ? So it's my fault they have inferior Chinese Shit, what's your point FuckFace.And what difference does it make who I buy "those" bosses from, they're still JUNK !

·
Registered
584 Posts
Easy with the name calling cowboy. Me personally if I bought anything that I thought was junk to my standard's, I wouldn't use it. I would look around to see what other option there was available. That's all I am saying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts