Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run electronic ignition with coil packs I want to make sure I am thinking correctly. I will have 60+2 tooth crank trigger- coil packs- and attachment to my Fast for reading coil packs. No distributor only drive for gear to turn pump. Am I thinking this out correctly? Thanks Ron

·
Registered
49,441 Posts
you will need the XIM for that setup. I really haven't had many great experiences with the XIM to date. I'd suggest looking at the holley dominator systems or Motec or AEM series 2 etc.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it they have not had enough time to work out bugs I am trying to do away with distributor and and MSD box want to be all electronic also cost is a factor.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The XIM works great.. I have put plenty on cars. You can run the 60-2 trigger wheel. That is one of the combos. Look in the help file of the FAST software and you can look at the installation instructions.

The XIM decodes the trigger to the XFI and fires the coils. It can be in waste spark or sequential

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've run the XFI / XIM combo with LS-2 coils for 3 years and I can't say enough good about it. Best ignition setup I ever used.
The plug wires are only 7" long.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/Mark11530/DSC05937.jpg

Tried a drum of methanol this summer and it fired it flawlessly at 30# boost 7500 rpm with a .035 plug gap.

I've run the same set of NGK Vpower 8 plugs for 5 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts