Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why wasn't he "just doing the job Americans won't"?
100% Preventable!

Posted by Jake

Source: Myfoxatlanta

Arrest Made in I-85 Racing Wreck

ATLANTA (MyFOX Atlanta) — Police made an arrest Tuesday night in the drag racing accident that shut down part of Interstate 85 during the morning rush hour.
Police said the crash sent an innocent victim to the hospital with serious injuries.
Police have confirmed the arrest of a 24-year-old man who they said was the behind the wheel of a car — drag racing at high speeds — on Interstate 85 near Union City Tuesday morning.
But his arrest police said now brings up a bigger question — why was he allowed to drive in the first place? *snip*
During that race Gallardo rear-ended a Ford Explorer with so much force it flipped the SUV over, said police.
The woman driving it — 61-year-old Linda Wiglesworth — was taken to Atlanta Medical Center with serious injuries.
But Gallardo got away.
“He fled the scene prior to our officer’s arrival,” said Louth.
Police were able to track this car’s tags back to Gallardo. And his family police said, were able to get him to turn himself in.
During interviews Gallardo admitted to being in the country illegally, said police.
But somehow they said — even without a Georgia driver’s license — he was able to register his car and get up to date tags from Fulton County.
Allan Wall has more info on “how lucky we are” to have Mexican drivers in this country.
But wait, I thought Georgia was stopping this sort of thing? I guess not in time to save these people?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
You're missing the point. He at the very least registered the car and had up to date tags. Which means, he probably had insurance too. How many illegals do you know that actually have up to date tags....:smt081

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Man when I moved to Ga from Fl. I had to come up with atleast three things to prove I lived here, and a birth certificate. The first birth certificate they did not accept, I had to write to my state of birth and get a copy of one with a stamp on it. It was a huge PIA. Now keep in mind I got married with this birth certificate twice.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're missing the point. He at the very least registered the car and had up to date tags. Which means, he probably had insurance too. How many illegals do you know that actually have up to date tags....:smt081
We all know that he was using the identity of an 87 year old grandpa in Wisconsin.:smt079

·
"Nice Monte Carlo"
1,839 Posts
Man when I moved to Ga from Fl. I had to come up with atleast three things to prove I lived here, and a birth certificate. The first birth certificate they did not accept, I had to write to my state of birth and get a copy of one with a stamp on it. It was a huge PIA. Now keep in mind I got married with this birth certificate twice.

I hear ya there..I just moved from Detroit to Houston..I never carried my SS card with me at home.. now I have to have to get into a public john.. have to have 3 forms of ID to get my DL, and they wouldnt accept my SS card because it had been washed and was faded. I had to go to the SS office and sit for almost 2 hours to get a replacement, and a letter to give to DPS to prove who I am, as well as my having my Michigan DL, CCW ( both with pictures ), and birth certificate. Finally got it after the 3rd trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts