Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,160 Posts
How about just some scotch on the rocks.

·
Mother Hen
51,001 Posts
I don't think we should go there either. It is morally and ethically repulsive. Not to mention, we don't have the capacity to know what they will actually create. Maybe they would wind up with sentient beings that could talk. What then? Maybe they will create something that becomes infected with a new disease that can kill both monkeys and humans. Or maybe it will kill just humans and is spread uncontrollably. Look at the wonderful killer bees that escaped a lab back when. We ultimately don't have the ability to control certain things. An earthquake or natural disaster could set these things loose on the world. It's a Pandora's box and they need to lose the key.

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
I don't think we should go there either. It is morally and ethically repulsive. Not to mention, we don't have the capacity to know what they will actually create. Maybe they would wind up with sentient beings that could talk. What then? Maybe they will create something that becomes infected with a new disease that can kill both monkeys and humans. Or maybe it will kill just humans and is spread uncontrollably. Look at the wonderful killer bees that escaped a lab back when. We ultimately don't have the ability to control certain things. An earthquake or natural disaster could set these things loose on the world. It's a Pandora's box and they need to lose the key.
Kinda of sounds like "Hold my test tube and watch this!". :eek:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Perhaps what Dr. Hipster is alluding to is that a casual stroll through any American downtown, particularly California, and we already have a large population of test subjects.

In China they would have already been volunteered as organ donors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts