Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
No fvcking way! When did this happen? Cause I know someone posted something about an engine killing a fan yesterday. Hard to believe it could happen twice within a couple of days. :smt118

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
This is terrible news... Did this track just have the steel Armco rails, or did it have walls??? If it was just steel rails, it is not shocking, I don't like running at tracks with the Armco rails..

In the story it says the fuel cell came out of the car and injured someone as well... WTF was this car held together with, or was the impact that extreme??

I really feel for all involved, this is a terrible tragedy..

·
Head Phuckstick in Charge
7,613 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKd6DzId1Zo - Steel Rails

This is terrible news... Did this track just have the steel Armco rails, or did it have walls??? If it was just steel rails, it is not shocking, I don't like running at tracks with the Armco rails..

In the story it says the fuel cell came out of the car and injured someone as well... WTF was this car held together with, or was the impact that extreme??

I really feel for all involved, this is a terrible tragedy..

·
THE COME HAS COME.!!!!!!!
1,037 Posts
THE IMPACT WAS VERY HARD THE CAR EXPLODED .THE MOTOR PLATE WAS BROKE AND THE MOTOR CAME OUT LIKE A ROCKET THE TRANS WAS IN 1000 PIECE'S WITH PARTS BEIND SCATTERED EVERYWHERE .IF U LOOK AT THE VIDEO YOU WILL SEE THE DAMAGE TO THE MOTORHOME THE CAR BOUNCED OFF THE MOTOR HOME AND BACK ON THE TRACK. THEM GAUDRAILS ARE LIKE A RAMP WHEN HIT.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I remember the very first time I went to WSN @ Orlando, I walked up from the parking area to the fence around the 1000ft mark, watched a few DR cars run, took me a minute to figure out that I did NOT want to stand there once I saw that weak ass rail, and moved up track to the stands.. I do not trust the Armco barriers with my life. This is a horrible lesson on how unsafe they are, but we already have seen them in action, and should pretty much all know this... I feel so much safer racing at a track w/ the K rails...

Here is one we probably have all seen, it is a perfect example to why a track should not even be able to get insurance with them in the 21st Century.. This is not 1965 anymore, and it is common knowledge that the Armco barriers can be deadly. Think about that car in the vid taking a bad bounce, it coulda' crushed a few dozen people,fortunately it didn't and the driver walked away.

Jumping the Armco barrier *click here*

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Who sanctions this track, it's not listed as an NHRA sactioned track? NHRA sactioned tracks are all covered under Weisenberg's insurance binder, and unless I'm mistaken, must have approved concrete guard rails.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts