·
Registered
15,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard this got finished last week

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
This should be sweet for WCHRA this season...

I should be testing my new car there in two weeks... I'm a bit worried since the track probably will not work so soon after being redone.

·
Registered
15,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This should be sweet for WCHRA this season...

I should be testing my new car there in two weeks... I'm a bit worried since the track probably will not work so soon after being redone.
Make sure you lay down enough rubber for the rest of us!! :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
What about the pits?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good point!

·
Registered
15,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And that smell

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
my understanding is the've done a lot of paving to the pits the last couple of yrs. haven't raced there in 2 yrs so i can't confirm this...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The pits have fairly new paving from the front gate entrance to the end of the quarter mile, the full width of the pit area. Late last year, they paved the road area strips between the pit areas from the end of the quarter mile all the way back to the very back. There have been a lot of improvements since the Bowsers have been in control.

The Aroma.....
Uniquely Famoso! You get used to it after a while and it is because of Famoso's surroundings that it will be around for a long time. All agricultural and oil fields. There will be no urban encroachment there for a long long time if ever. That aroma is from fermenting agricultural waste such as almond hulls.

Tim, we've been pretty anxious to see the WCHRA schedule so we can can schedule our vacation days. Glad to hear it's coming together. See ya soon

·
Registered
15,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pits have fairly new paving from the front gate entrance to the end of the quarter mile, the full width of the pit area. Late last year, they paved the road area strips between the pit areas from the end of the quarter mile all the way back to the very back. There have been a lot of improvements since the Bowsers have been in control.

The Aroma.....
Uniquely Famoso! You get used to it after a while and it is because of Famoso's surroundings that it will be around for a long time. All agricultural and oil fields. There will be no urban encroachment there for a long long time if ever. That aroma is from fermenting agricultural waste such as almond hulls.

Tim, we've been pretty anxious to see the WCHRA schedule so we can can schedule our vacation days. Glad to hear it's coming together. See ya soon
Tree'd me..
I like racing at Famoso, But I never get used to that smell. Should be a great year racing with the WCHRA

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
I love Famoso. I grew up there. I used to drive from Santa Maria to race my 72 RS/SS 4-speed Camaro and then drive home. The smell was part of the atmosphere! I really miss it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dont smell that bad in the spring. Not really a fly problem either.
It's in the fall that the smelly stuff starts to get ripe.
LOL!!!you should get some on your boot after loading there,and driving the rest of the day with the smell......I loved it LOL reminded me of being at track all day:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL!!!you should get some on your boot after loading there,and driving the rest of the day with the smell......I loved it LOL reminded me of being at track all day:rolleyes:
HA HA my truck smelled for the next 2 days. I thought I was still there!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts