Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how wide is the frame rail in the engine bay on a 1962 falcon? i just thinking out load here , tossing idea around for the future, and what about this , in this picture the shock tower is cut out and the roll bar tube is sticking into the engine bay , could it be possible to do this and weld a pice of metal to that bar and push the shock outwards or weld a piece of metal and come off the frame its self and use a short shock

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I had a 63 falcon with the shock tower and inner skin/wheelwells removed and the old owner had a pinto style front end with coilover shocks. It was not perfect by todays standards but way better than 1963 standards,lol. The front bar like you have then went through the firewall and tied into the cage.
Greg

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
how wide is the frame rail in the engine bay on a 1962 falcon? i just thinking out load here , tossing idea around for the future, and what about this , in this picture the shock tower is cut out and the roll bar tube is sticking into the engine bay , could it be possible to do this and weld a pice of metal to that bar and push the shock outwards or weld a piece of metal and come off the frame its self and use a short shock

Looks like someone was starting to build a gasser .

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Look at AJE set up for mustangs using a strut from a late model mustang in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts