Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Monty's Limo Driver
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if its a Re-Post and this is the 1st I've heard about this.

I copy & pasted this from another website.... Hope no one get's burned.

Counterfeit MSD Boxes what to look for...

Just came accross my desk that their are Counterfeit MSD 6AL boxes. The easiest way to tell is all of them have the serial number 682013. Here are some other tell tale signs:

All REAL MSD boxes have torx head screws, the counterfeits have phillips.

All REAL MSD boxes heat fins should measure no more then .150", the counterfeits vary and are larger.

All REAL MSD boxes on the end the mag input is on the left and tach output is on the right, the counterfeits are reversed.

These are in packaging that look like MSD and it is hard to tell. Please beware of a "DEAL" on these items

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've seen some that look like them but, they don't have the "MSD" logo. I think they are Pro Comp Chinese junk. Of course MSD is made there now too.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
The gov needs to get after them for copyright infringement

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
Unfortunately that's what happens when you outsource your stuff to China. It's even easier to copy the product when it's right in front of you along with the designs...

·
Registered
680 Posts
They're probably better than the originals!!!! MSD has a team to HAND _ BUILD boxes for NASCAR, they still phucking fail all the time. PHUCK MSD!!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

suppose to be the inside of a fake msd

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

inside a real one

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,811 Posts
Wow! So it's the guts out of a cheap chinese electronic distributor inside a pot metal box? Nice!

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
These things have been around for a couple of years that I know of.
They have been sold on a large internet auction site with headquarters in California.

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
sucks that they moved over seas but im still going with the powergrid none the less, until mallory comes out with a digital computer based software box ill be sticking with msd

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Wanna hear something real funny?

I got served papers the other day from a chinese attorney in Cali who represents a chinese manufacturer. He claims I am selling a product that his client owns a patent on and wants financial compensation for lost sales as well as cease and desist.

I don't sell chinese parts on Lyonsperformance.com and don't offer the brand of product they mentioned on the tool site! I buy direct from the tool warehouse for all the products on Protoolzonline.com. Unfortunately some are asian made but also germany and other countries.

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
Wanna hear something real funny?

I got served papers the other day from a chinese attorney in Cali who represents a chinese manufacturer. He claims I am selling a product that his client owns a patent on and wants financial compensation for lost sales as well as cease and desist.

I don't sell chinese parts on Lyonsperformance.com and don't offer the brand of product they mentioned on the tool site! I buy direct from the tool warehouse for all the products on Protoolzonline.com. Unfortunately some are asian made but also germany and other countries.
Lawyers can always make up a letter or a NastyGram as I call em
but that does not mean they are legal and binding,most lawyers as you know
are bloodsucking and just doing shit like that to make a living...
Fuck em

1 - 20 of 23 Posts