Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do yall know about fairmonts? im thinking of trading my 63 c10 step for an 80 fairmont wagon. just doin a lil research. your opinions are apreciated. the wagon has a 200 straight 6 the truck is in need of help.......

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Make sure it's not rotted out around the front K member area. Cool lil cars. It's a Fox body, so most any hot rod part will fit.

If you can tell, I'm into wagons too.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
As Battlestar mentioned they're built on the Fox chassis- the same chassis used for the '79-93 Mustangs. A lot of performance parts for those Mustangs will fit a Fairmont.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Im a Chevy guy as you can see <<< but I also like wagons, so I say go with the wagon, its a cool car for sure.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
LOL i just bought a 79 2dr sedan today LOL plainjane 161KM 200ci 6cyl , bench seat , colume shift , really solid need some TLC but for $650

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I like my Mont wagon and zephyr Z7 a lot. The mont wagon has a complete 5.0/5spd/8.8 transplanted out of a 90 Mustang. I drive it everyday to work. The Zephyr is in the back driveway with 46,000 original miles on it.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love my '82. The body panels are the only fairmont pieces on the car. Everything else is mustang except 9" from a Lincoln Versailles. Drive shaft is only problem trying to get correct length.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've always wanted to do a two door Fairmont wagon using the Futura doors and moving the striker post back. Wagons are cool. I've driven my Futura since 1983 and love it.

·
Sophomore Member
1,976 Posts
I had a 79 box car with a 460. Bracket raced it for years.
Always thought a wagon would be cool tho.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Love my Fairmont wagon, most fun I've had with a car. Mustang parts bolt right on so you can have the go fast in the little old lady wrapper.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
This was my DD for a couple years.

Shown here at DW42 hangover nats couple years back.

'86 LTD II wagon, V6/automatic. Florida car, no rust, low miles. Sold it to a buddy who put roller 302/5 spd in it with 8.8/4.30 gears. He sold it to another buddy's son who didn't want the 5spd so it now has stout C4. There is a full bogey Hampton blown 351 waiting to go in it this summer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
This was my DD for a couple years.

Shown here at DW42 hangover nats couple years back.

'86 LTD II wagon, V6/automatic. Florida car, no rust, low miles. Sold it to a buddy who put roller 302/5 spd in it with 8.8/4.30 gears. He sold it to another buddy's son who didn't want the 5spd so it now has stout C4. There is a full bogey Hampton blown 351 waiting to go in it this summer :rolleyes::rolleyes:
They let you race in wet/icy conditions like that??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It's called the Hangover Nationals, because it's on Jan 1st! The dial-in is the year(20.11 this year) so going fast isn't the issue. Some years it's 45 and sunny, others it's 20* and foot of snow. They will put some salt on the starting line to allow you to get moving, then it's hold on!! One year they had hard time getting there in 20 seconds even with 4wd.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts