Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this ticket a couple weeks ago and have to go to court about it in 2 weeks. I was driving down the road and two officers had a car pulled over on the right side of the road. No officers or other peolpe were out. They were all in the cars. I drive by in the right lane and the other officer pulls me over and gives me a ticket for failure to move over. I was not aware of this law. I was going to pay it and when I called the police station they said you had to go to court for it. Any idea on how much trouble I am in

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Nope, but it is a matter of respect for their safety. It is a law in all but a few states now...Good luck, and let us know the fine

·
Bracket racer
5,189 Posts
Was there anyone to your left that would have prevented you from moving over? I always try and move over but some times its just not possible. Especially if your towing.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was a courtesy but not a requirement. I admit I am guilty I just wasn't aware of the law

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jarred.....You really never heard about the law? It's been like 2 years now. Signs on all the interstates. Don't know what the fine is..........Pleade stupidity;)

·
Keepn my pimp hand strong
6,768 Posts
Just another way to bring in money! Tell the judge their new lites blinded you and you became dizzy and werent aware of what you were doing!!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It is that way in Texas. The law is move your ass over, if you can't move over, slow WAY the fuck down. I think it is 25 mph minimum below the speed limit.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Was there anyone to your left that would have prevented you from moving over? I always try and move over but some times its just not possible. Especially if your towing.
Use this as your excuse...Hopefully he doesn't have a rear mounted camera as well. As you stated his lights were on which normally turns their cameras on.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
In GA it's a requirement to either move over a lane ( if possible ) or to reduce speed by 10, maybe 15, MPH. Alabama could have the same thing.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear that Jarred.....You really never heard about the law? It's been like 2 years now. Signs on all the interstates. Don't know what the fine is..........Pleade stupidity;)
thats what I will probaly do:D

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Use this as your excuse...Hopefully he doesn't have a rear mounted camera as well. As you stated his lights were on which normally turns their cameras on.
best i remember I could have gotten over but didn't realize that I had to. Funny thing is after they stopped me they would stop others for the same thing. I think they stopped about 4 people for this in about 10 minutes

·
6,768 Posts
I think police on the side of the road is more dangerous than a person doing 10 over on the highway.Everyone has to slow down and look or move over it just fucks up the flow of traffic.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
best i remember I could have gotten over but didn't realize that I had to. Funny thing is after they stopped me they would stop others for the same thing. I think they stopped about 4 people for this in about 10 minutes
Sounds like predujidice...They were stopping everyone in that lane...LOL

·
Bracket racer
5,189 Posts
^^^ding ding we have a winner. Couldnt tell you how many times I see a guy getting a speeding ticket and 200 ft up the road 2 or 3 cars are pulled over exchanging info for the rear ender they created.

·
6,768 Posts
Money grab plain and simple and yes its going to get worse!!!!
Try going to work in the am up north,they are like predators looking for prey getting people going to work cause they know we have the money to pay tickets...Wait till ya get the stop lite cameras they will just mail you tickets.LOL

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,098 Posts
i hate guys who just ride in the lane and you cant get around them . its a good law and been that way in pa for years now . but no one follows it

1 - 20 of 101 Posts