Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the stock suspension/drag radial classes (any organization) do you have to run the factory style rear springs or can you run a coil over spring in the stock location?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
deputydog said:
In the stock suspension/drag radial classes (any organization) do you have to run the factory style rear springs or can you run a coil over spring in the stock location?
I was wondering the same thing :?

Also how much upward travel (rear-end going in the up direction compressing the spring) should you have in the rear suspention before it bottoms out ?

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
nsca D/R you had to have factory size springs. I don't know about the mustang deals though.
I WOULD CHECK THE RULES WHERE EVER YOU ARE GOING TO RACE.

Upward travel depends on shock length or how much stroke you have normally want the shock to have a little more extension than compression, But best to center shock travel @ ride height.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
How much does a car nomally squat on a launch? I am mini tubing and mocking up the tires/rearend with on my third gen, trying to get the tires to sit up inside the wheel wells ( quarter panels taper in as they go-up ) wondering how much upward clearance from the top of the tire to the wheel tub I should have at ride height?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts