Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I am getting one of my cars painted and I am going for a color change. I am really liking some of the factory candy looking paint jobs like Mazda's Soul Red Crystal (46V) and Ford's Deep Impact Blue (J4/M7289).

I also really like interference pearls as well. One of my other cars is painted Toyota's Golden Umber Pearl (4U2) which is a light brown with a nice gold pearl. Looks better than it sounds. :)

As the car is a 2006 Subaru WRX/STi, Deep Impact Blue is the front runner. The thing is before I decide, I was hoping for some more suggestions. I'm not yet fully committed to the decision because I would rather wait and see what some of the painters on here like.

So which other factory pearls and candies look really good? It can be any color as long as the effects look good. Thanks guys. Let 'er rip!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look in to Cadillac colors. They have a killer Black Ice Pearl or something like that.
Yeah I've seen some Caddys that look really good. Same with some of the Infiniti paint jobs. From what I can see from a google search, that Black Ice Pearl looks pretty nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Renault liquid Yellow Hard to see the depth of the pearl in these shots but I really like it

Yeah I think that one needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. A picture on a computer screen doesn't really do a paint job any justice. Thank you for the suggestion.

Keep 'em coming guys!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will laugh but do you want to know the absolute best place to look for colors for a new project. Go with your wife to her next nail salon appointment and check out the wall of nail polish colors. Lol. Seriously though, they have every shade of every color and can add a pearl effect to any of them and give you something to go off of. Just a thought. Good luck and try to track down a black ice pearl caddie and check it out. Badass color.
Nail salon! That's a pretty good idea. That way I can see the colors in front of my eyes. I can ask the lady at the counter if I can buy the stuff by the gallon, That would phuck with her! :p

There are tons of Caddy dealers around me so I will troll them to see if I can find a Black Ice Pearl or Black Ice Metallic.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I have two things may be decision makers for you in your choice of colors. Deep Impact Blue is actually a basecoat / clear coat that looks VERY close to House of Kolor Oriental blue Candy, but in a base / clear. So anytime you can use a base / clear instead of a 3 stage your way ahead.
Second, I have a Gallon of Deep Impact Blue PPG Deltron I had mixed for my personal 85 Chevy Shortbed I was doing Deep Impact Blue and silver two tone with blue interior, and now the truck is going all black with red interior. That Deep Impact Blue is a $905 color, loaded with Starfire, Blue Dry Pearl, Even Titanium White, all expensive toners. I will make you a 1/2 price DEAL on it. It is 3 months old since I had it mixed.

Interesting that D.I.B. is a base/clear. It is a striking color when viewed in sunlight. I thought that it was a 3-stage similar to Mazda's 46V.

The offer of the paint is tempting. I am just wondering if the painter can/will use it as he shoots Glasurit if I am not mistaken. I will have to talk to the painter first.

Thank you for the information and the offer!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I hit a Ford dealership while out for a cruise in my 4th gen. They had a 2015 Mustang there in Deep Impact Blue. It looked pretty nice. Nice enough for to pick it for my car. Then on the way home I pulled into a BMW dealership and walked around. There was some nice colors but nothing too inspiring until I saw San Marino Blue. Holy shit guys that is a beautiful color! It was on a brand new M4 and it looked amazing. It jerked my head when I was walking by. It was in behind a row of cars, and the only San Marino Blue car in the lot.

Anyways that's the color that's going on my STi. I hope that's a base/clear job too. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

And thanks to NuKidOnDaBlock for the paint offer. I really appreciate it. I don't suppose you have any San Marino Blue laying around do ya? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.