Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 434 sbc I'm going to use a F3r on acohol, was wondering if I need 24 injectors or will 16 get the job done? Also how many blow off valves 1 of 2?

·
Roll Tide!
2,630 Posts
we run 2 blowoffs on all the F3 stuff. How much HP are you anticipating making, then we can back-calculate fuel system requirements.
I've got a 15.5gpm belt drive fuel pump for sale, fresh from kinsler if you're in the market....

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we run 2 blowoffs on all the F3 stuff. How much HP are you anticipating making, then we can back-calculate fuel system requirements.
I've got a 15.5gpm belt drive fuel pump for sale, fresh from kinsler if you're in the market....
Cool I thought most guys were running 2, I don't really know on the hp, was trying to run high 90's on s/s.

·
Roll Tide!
2,630 Posts
We went times in my sig w/that pump

$500 shipped with pulleys, belts and bracket. (I paid more than twice that for it.) It's waterman pump that kinsler badges.

I think you'll need three sets of 160# injectors, or you could always go with 1 set of the Moran "unicorn" series injectors.

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
those morans are high dollar, lol, my main problem was I don't have a sheet metal intake just a cast iron intake and didn't really know if I would have enough room to fit 24 injectors.

·
Roll Tide!
2,630 Posts
I was just looking back at a BS3 replay, we were 99.6% duty cycle all through high gear flowing 4500#/hr of fuel at 90-95 psig. (That was with 16- 212# injectors and 6- 160# injectors in the elbow. Granted- the AFR was 4.0:1, but it wasn't sick fat..

With the new motor we're running 16- 212's and 8 160's at a base pressure of 75#.

·
Registered
501 Posts
We went times in my sig w/that pump

$500 shipped with pulleys, belts and bracket. (I paid more than twice that for it.) It's waterman pump that kinsler badges.

I think you'll need three sets of 160# injectors, or you could always go with 1 set of the Moran "unicorn" series injectors.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a unicorn series injector?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts