Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the two blowers being recommended to me. Has anyone tried both? If so, what did you find?

I've got one company telling me theirs takes less power to spin and the other who says they hold the records.

Does it come down to price only, or is there a reason to go with one over the other? Will be gear driven, blow through on methanol.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
If 95% of the good cars happen to have the same blower then odds are they will also hold the records. IMHO if I was going to run a blower or build a customer a turn-key blower setup and I pick blower, it would have a Vortech on it with a CDS gear drive. Just my $0.02

Reactions: 2010viper

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,109 Posts
FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH VORTECH...FIRST CLASS SERVICE...GREAT PRODUCT...NOTHING LIKE BEING ABLE TO SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE THAT BUILD THE BLOWERS...SHOOT A TEXT FOR QUESTIONS...FEELS MORE LIKE A FRIENDSHIP THAN A SERIAL NUMBER AMONG A SEA OF NUMBERS...THAT LEAD TO A MIDDLE MAN... :)

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
What are you doing? Class racing?
Yes, heads-up racing. Mostly NT class racing but No Prep is finally taking off here too. Currently building a Stock Block Shootout car with a G3 Hemi 6.4L based engine that I plan on cracking the 2K HP barrier with a stock BGE iron block out of a truck.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,109 Posts
ILL ALSO SAY THE SAME ABOUT CHRIS ALSTON....

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V- 30. we run an f1x-12 currently.
Why the Vortech over the Procharger?

Honestly, I'm surprised at the replies in this thread. I didn't think it would go this way. I'm waiting to hear back from Vortech after filling out their spec sheet last week.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Why the Vortech over the Procharger?

Honestly, I'm surprised at the replies in this thread. I didn't think it would go this way. I'm waiting to hear back from Vortech after filling out their spec sheet last week.
We now run an f1x-12 on a friends BBC with no problems. When we ran the f1x, Procharger service was horrible to deal with. Most of are crashes where in the burn out box leaving us $10,000 in rebuilds. Vortech always helped us out.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
What is the engine combo and how hard do you want to push it?
V30 is a family of blowers that range from small to large
Any class rules that limit blower size?
There is no reason to turn a blower to the moon unless rules dictate a max size and then you have to do what you have to do.......and even then it might not be needed......
More info needed

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the engine combo and how hard do you want to push it?
V30 is a family of blowers that range from small to large
Any class rules that limit blower size?
There is no reason to turn a blower to the moon unless rules dictate a max size and then you have to do what you have to do.......and even then it might not be needed......
More info needed
No class rules. 9.5 deck engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts