Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 f350 heater fan once in a while don't turn on and blow any air .
Has done it more the last few days since it's cold as hell out I guess.
Drove 25 min to home tonight and it finally came on less than a mile from home , makes for a cold ride .
I usually leave on auto control but even cranking the fan manually it don't turn on the fan .
I did notice on way home that I hit a bump then it turned on .
Just wondering if anyone had this issue to save me some time .
Thanks for any help

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
is this a ferrari f350--or ford f350?

:rolleyes:

jokes aside,maybe a loose ground? and check the resistor on the heater box as well-and maybe the fan is seizing up and unseizing when hitting small bumps in the road?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Is it coming out of the defrost at all? If it is, it is probably the vacuum pump. Also check behind the glove compartment and make sure the vacuum lines behind it aren't wrapped around the actuating rod and worn thru. My vacuum pump went out last year and it started out by only blowing out the defrost no matter which setting, and always blew as cold as it possibly could, eventually it stopped blowing and would just have ice cold air barely coming out the defrost. Dealership will hit for about $300, but it's not a hard fix if you can get the pump yourself, and alot cheaper. BTW, mine's an 05 F350.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Had the fan power connector on my F-350 start making intermittent connections. Cleaned it up and made sure all the pins were where they needed to be and the problem went away.

·
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the fan power connector on my F-350 start making intermittent connections. Cleaned it up and made sure all the pins were where they needed to be and the problem went away.
Thanks this is some good info .

·
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is this a ferrari f350--or ford f350?

:rolleyes:

jokes aside,maybe a loose ground? and check the resistor on the heater box as well-and maybe the fan is seizing up and unseizing when hitting small bumps in the road?

Thanks I'll check the ferrarri too :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts