Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to upgrade my D1sc to on my 557 inch BBC. I know that an F2 is probably the best option but keep thinking that I don't want to be in this position again in the future needing a bigger blower. Here's the engine specs.

557 cubes
4.5 bowtie block
4.375 Callies Crank
6.385 Lunati Billet Rods
Diamond 9:1 flat tops coated.
AFR 305's
Crane Hydro Roller 254/264 .632/.632
Dart single plane
Water / Meth injection

The car is mostly street driven, the question is, is it possible to spin an F3 slow enough to be usable on the street or should I really stick to an F2. I'm looking to make 1500 at the crank without overworking the blower. What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That combo is shockingly similar to mine, only difference being that I have 360cc plus heads... I switched from my F2 up to an F3r just because the opportunity arose... 1447hp at 6900 with a pig rich tune, 19psi and little timing... Does fine on the street, as long as you don't mind buying Quicktime Pro's once a month...lol
and I'm only turning the blower 42K.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have an F3a on my 598 spinning it around 50,000 at 7800 rpm. Car sees limited summer usage as I work out of town, but when I'm home it gets driven hard and often.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Procharger, an F3 will bolt up to my D1 brackets. Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Don't want hijack but i'm curious about the afr 305s i have a set and curious if they move enough cfm for 550 ci and f3 iknow it depends on camshaft alsowhat power numbers?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
According to Procharger, an F3 will bolt up to my D1 brackets. Anyone disagree?
There may be a few bolts that line up but most of the bolt pattern in the case is different.

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
That combo is shockingly similar to mine, only difference being that I have 360cc plus heads... I switched from my F2 up to an F3r just because the opportunity arose... 1447hp at 6900 with a pig rich tune, 19psi and little timing... Does fine on the street, as long as you don't mind buying Quicktime Pro's once a month...lol
and I'm only turning the blower 42K.
This good to know,im wanting a F3 street car for next summer!!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
This good to know,im wanting a F3 street car for next summer!!!!!!
I just want a Procharged car next summer. Goal is to have F2 on a 421 sbc. However the car is getting strut front and fiberglass first. And chassis shop is going to do whatever so it goes straight out. Now with 675 horse it picks tires up and carries out. It does it smoothly but more power will not be good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a d3/cogs and it seems to be better than a d1 on the street. I know the d1 to d3 brackets work but not sure d1 to f3

·
Registered
445 Posts
There may be a few bolts that line up but most of the bolt pattern in the case is different.
An F-1 or F-2 will bolt into P-1SC/D-1SC brackets. However the opposite is not true (F series brackets are spaced too far apart and hit comp housing on P/D blowers).

An F-3 is a whole different animal and requires a different bracket set.

-Chris

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
An F-1 or F-2 will bolt into P-1SC/D-1SC brackets. However the opposite is not true (F series brackets are spaced too far apart and hit comp housing on P/D blowers).

-Chris
Thanks Chris. I was pretty sure that was the case.

·
Registered
75 Posts
F1-?

-Chris
Really - the F1 blower will bolt right in P1SC Brkts?

If so, that's great news for my street car! :smt077 I would have went that way a while ago...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, thanks for digging up my old post! I'm still considering a street F3 but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I passed up on a few F2 deals cause I'm still torn and would love to run an F3-123. The goal would be to spin her slow and shoot for around 12-14 psi.

·
16,312 Posts
Will it get down to 12 psi? Might have to use a turbo trick for that beast? turning that slow, it would prolly last forever though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I figure on 557 cubes and a 6k max rpm it should be able to be tamed down a bit.

·
16,312 Posts
I see your point. Now that I am getting email updates again (woo-hoo) I look forward to seeing what you do. Do you have a build page or any pics with the D1?

If you don't find a F3, slap an F4 on that bad boy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts