Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have a rear engine dragster that has ran 8.60 (in the heat, only passes so far) with 12.8-13:1 406sbc. This is currently on gas and never has been set up for blow thru. What I am wondering is could I just bolt an F2 on it and go like 8lbs, it will be on alky then. I am building a 421 setup for F2 but want to play a little before then. This will have a CSU billet aerosol carb. How dangerous you think this will be running this compression, like I said only 8 lbs and on alky. How much you think I will gain, has ran 8.60 and weighs 1660 lbs. (rail car).

Also any recommendations on short block, like rings or gaskets or what.

Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This motor will not see much boost anyhow because car is only certified to 7.50 (until winter time, then getting makeover). Thanks for input.

·
Registered
470 Posts
did a bbc with 13.1 on alky with a procharger and a c and s aerosol. If I were you I would build the 421 with lower compression and set it up on gas. Alky can work and work well but it is a pain in the ass to tune and a aerosol carb is 1400 with the bowls you will need. The bowls need see thru ends and they are 60 each to replace. They are made of plastic. The fuel pump must be a belt drive its the only ones that will keep up. Thye regulator must have a bleed. The wait for mine was 6 weeks and had to fight with them to get it shipped on time. Gas would be what I would do unless you just have more money than you know what to do with. If thats the case I need a power glide. Good luck .

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is why I have been on here talking with you all, you know more than me. The cam in engine is just Crane solid roller .630/.630 and I think .268/.275 @ .050. It is naturally aspirated cam, not setup for blow thru. As far as altitude we are actually 1930' BUT was of time corrected is 3800-6000'. The reason I am talking alky is because this will be on dragster and no room for an I/C. The 421 will be built for Procharger, cam and all. I plan on putting belt driven fuel pump on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts